I think I got the wrong Netpots

I ordered 6 x 200mm black net pots from Hydro Aqua Pet. They have arrived and have "The Orchid Pot co N.S.W Australia" printed around the edges.

They are 200mm wide by 130mm deep, the only problem is the spacing in between the holes seems a little small.. has anyone else tried these pots from Aqua pet before with any success or should I go to my local store and buy 150mm pots with bigger hole spacing?

Here is a picture from the Aqua pet website, although it's small please have a look and give me your opinion. I think the holes are too small but you never know..

post-6668-1163912890_thumb.jpg

I just don't see how a large plant could grow roots through those tiny slits. And at the bottom there are little squares cutout. Maybe orchids have tiny roots?

Any help on this would be appreciated

The one I have has even smaller slits (I would not call them holes) than either of those in the photos billo

I would cut more holes in but it would literally take hours and hours as the spacing is very small and the pot is 200mm diamater.

I think I might have to buy new pots from somewhere. I tried my local guy but the biggest he stocks is 150mm.

I have found a bigger photo of the exact same pot as I have here.

post-6668-1163919486_thumb.gif

Now when you look at that compared to the black one that billo posted up above, there is a big difference in the spacing which is what has me worried.

EDIT: open the picture in a new window otherwise it will be too small to see properly

Edited by stonedstump