fluffy buds

Hey all. I'm running 4 Lucragrow HPS in my flower room. My buds are really fluffy. When I compare them with a friend who has the same strain, hers are more solid. She uses no PGR's. I'm using Advanced nutes and she's using Dutchmaster. The only thing i can think of that may do it is she has HPS and M.H lamps in her flower room. Anyone who has used only HPS on it's own then tried adding M.H care to comment on thier findings?

hey man

personally ive not done it but a mate of a mates sisters brother

nah a good friend uses combo m/h,hps

and swears by it says hes yields up and everything

reckons they r the best lookin buds hes ever seen

i unfortunately no longer have the room to trial this method

best of luck man

he runs 5 lights 1 x hps, mh, hps,mh, hps

take care

bil

PERFECT ..... they love both light spectrums , you have probably heard this before , but for new people ill say it again .......

Mh or flouro for veg and clones/seedlings

HPS for flowers .......

but in that statemant i need to add that dual spectrum is idael , personally i would go hps Mh hps , but thats kinda what the post above says , but thaT'S not your original question , you ask ...?

Anyone who has used only HPS on it's own then tried adding M.H care to comment on thier findings?

i have used this combo , works extremely well 2 x 600 w HPS ballast with a 600 W Mh Coversion bulb , man that fucker runs hot , i hardly use it coz of the heat output , but if you have a MH balllast/globe set up and can get rid of the extra heat , cant see why it wouldnt produce larger colas ?

show us some pics

agree totally. i have 2 g-rooms. one is HPS only, the other is HPS and MH (50% soon to be 30%). mixed spectrum wins on yield everytime. BUT its not a huge difference. and the quality and density of the bud doesnt vary. i.e. the mixed spectrum bud is bigger but its not fluffy or anything like that. it wont make a HUGE difference like you seem to be alluding too. and thats why i havent bothered to change both grows to mixed spectrum.

fluffy buds ive had in the past from using various additives. what are you putting in your rez besides nutes?

lucian i have 600w conversion globe in veg room and it runs cooler than normal 600 hps. strange that you say it runs hot. i can keep it 5 to 10cm closer to the plants than the normal hps. what brand globe?

Lucragrow 600watt HPS. Brand new globes. I'm using Advanced Nutrients A & B, Advanced BigBud then Overdrive. I add HydroShuttle (like fulvic acid), silica magic, and microbial. I shouldn't complain i got (last weigh in this morning) 58oz from 4 plants. My best yeild yet. It's just something curious seeing as we are growing exactly the same strain. My friends prefer the buds fluffy as they bag up nicely. Next autum i will add a M.H in the middle of my 4 HPS and see if there is a difference. Room will be too hot to do that now.

Lucian heres the last crop http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/68517.0fa2a130cd1/overview