sighns of time to harvest.

wadup yall

this is my first harvest and i was wondering what the sighns of harvest are.

i know the bottom leaves turn yello and fall off but thats not hapening yet.

at the top the nug is definitely done and the green leaves are crcnchy to the touch and wilted.

looks like some chronik but im not sure if i should leave it for 2 more weeks or hang it.

also about 3/4 the hairs are orange...i know usually that means its done but the nugs still look premature.

thanks

-stone on

best way to tell is to use a microscope or jewellers loupe and look at the trichomes. magnified the trich's look like a mushroom, ie a head on a stem. then the head is clear there not ready, when the head is cloudy they are ready and at peak THC level, when the heads turn orange the THC is converting to CBD.

I like to harvest when the trichs are cloudy, some like to wait a bit longer until some are orange.

if you dont want to look at the trichs as you dont have access to a magnifying device, they you can rely on the colour of the pistils. if 3/4 are orange i would be inclined to say there ready.

Dunno guys,the 3/4 pistils brown is an ok general yardstick when the plant has done all it's flushes of bud growth.I had a strain growing called clusterfuck which at 45 days had approx 70% of the pistils brown but I knew it was going to give a subsequent flush of growth as it's a nine week strain.

May I ask how long it's been flowering for sneek420?

My main criteria for chopping is an empty bowl ... :peace:

Do a test and take a bud at 2 day intervals and label them for a crop

treat them the same and sit down and have a session after you have cured them you will be able to taste the differences and be able to figure out the best time for cutting.

Get some mates over and get them to vote the best bowl this is a method I do for each different strain I get I know its a bit off a drama

:peace: :peace: BUT IT'S FUN!!!! :wacko: :peace: