stretch

a fan blowing over ya girls?

i keep an osilating fan going but only on lowest setting

and its quite a gentle breeze,on a timer so it helps with air movement from time to time

u wanna get the fan a healthy distance from the plant tho

stretch is genetic and due to your environment

big changes in air temps between night and day hours

will encourage big stretch,

try and kepp the air temp to a maximun move of 5 degress c

goog luck man

peace

bpa

imo opinion blowing air onto a plant constantly

will only result in the plant stressin out

and the leaves may show some signs of wind burn

having a fan blowing on the plants will GREATLY reduce stretching. sure having the light closer to the plant will reduce it a bit as well, but if you dont have a fan blowing on the plants at all they'll stretch like a mofo and end up getting burnt as the light was too close lol

alot of strains are genetically destined to stretch like crazy too :applause: not much you can really do other than putting a stronger fan on them, lowering the lights or using products like rockjuice....

having a fan blowing on the plants will GREATLY reduce stretching. sure having the light closer to the plant will reduce it a bit as well, but if you dont have a fan blowing on the plants at all they'll stretch like a mofo and end up getting burnt as the light was too close lol

alot of strains are genetically destined to stretch like crazy too :applause: not much you can really do other than putting a stronger fan on them, lowering the lights or using products like rockjuice....

B) So if i want tall plants inside or out ,,all i need is no wind.........Are you fuckin with us or do you believe this?????????? :bleh: lol

He's right, canopy humidity levels, (which are affected by airmovement and exchange) do have an effect, sometimes quite a strong one, on internode distance.

The primary factors are light, humidity, temperature, but most of all, breeding.

You can have strain with normally tight internodes in a well ventilated and bouyant growroom and then grow it without good air-movement and it stretches to all buggery. But if you have a strain that is always stretchy, some landrace sativas come to mind, it's hard to reduce that further than the gentic potential will allow, even with exceptional airflow. Still, if you overdo it you can have problems.....

so is this crap that i have always believed???

a fan blowing over ya girls?

i keep an osilating fan going but only on lowest setting

and its quite a gentle breeze,on a timer so it helps with air movement from time to time

u wanna get the fan a healthy distance from the plant tho

stretch is genetic and due to your environment

big changes in air temps between night and day hours

will encourage big stretch,

try and kepp the air temp to a maximun move of 5 degress c

goog luck man

peace

bpa

imo opinion blowing air onto a plant constantly

will only result in the plant stressin out

and the leaves may show some signs of wind burn

Um nah not all crap billo mate.

Pretty close mostly.

The fan wont wind burn or stress out the plant. Just don't put a beast fan on them. It'll strengthen and promote better stem .. to hold heavier bud later :applause:

I fan them the whole way thro, from when they strike root.

I'm with you all on the temp swings and keeping the lights close - enough.

Tight internodes to ya stonerweed lol

you should have an oscillating fan running in your grow even if stretch is not a problem, it will circulate the air through the room.

more importantly is that it will help move the hot air in the canopy which is heated by the lights, it will reduce the temp in the canopy so that you can get your lights closer.