helicopter survalence

Like it or not growing (or even using) cannabis is a political statement .. it may be illegal but is it wrong ? If you aren't prepared to "risk your ass" at some level (even having a toke at a party) then you are simply not interested in changing prevailing attitudes towards the plant and probably shouldn't be even thinking about growing it (or posting here).

For a detailed and balanced (if US-centric) view about growing outdoors check out Wooly's Outdoor Growing Guide. Note the final line of this page :

Now get out there and change the law.

Yo people,

The other day i was out bush checking on my babies. I was discreetly walking along towards my well concealed patch and was several metres away when a police helicopter loomed up on the other side of the trees.

I immediatly turned and skewered off in another direction expecting pigs to swarm out from the bushes.

The chopper hovered above me for a few minutes, and then another heli appeared. By now i had reached a residential area and i managed to disappear into some backyards.

I dunno what they were waiting for or if it was a big coincidence, but i have had to since abandone that particular patch. I have no idea if they were keeping watch or what. Maybe my visits were becoming too regular.

So it can be a word of warning...keep visits infrequent as possible.

I feel a lucky man.

Its not unheard of for the cops take such ridiculous measures for a small crop.

I know of a guy that went out to water his crop and saw a cop car appear on the highway. He jumped on his bike and managed to outrun the cop, but then suddenly another cop car appeared. He lost that one as well but the cars kept coming. Eventually he gave up and he asked the cops how they kept finding him, and they laughed and said they had a chopper on him the whole time, he was never getting away.

So if you're tending to your bush crop its better if you're either bushwalking or fishing and act casual if you see any sign of trouble.

That guy since has moved to growing indoors, but got busted again. But that was because he couldn't resist showing off his buds to everyone that visited. :huh:

Guest Wilderbud

Haha, scardy-cats!

I have had a chopper follow me and have been stopped by cops while going through the bush - one time I was planting and another I was trying to have some pipes. If you dont act like a suspect they wont suspect you [the search was illegal and they stopped going through my bag when I told them I knew it was illegal - they claimed I was young so it wasnt illegal but then I reminded them my guardian was aware of my presense - they were in a tight situation and left before I asked for their badges (my next question if they persisted in being such winners - hehe)]. The chopper was just trippy because it felt like I was in the Vietnam War - I was really wasted and my heart was racing - they could have picked me out with some rounds easilly so I felt like running away until about 10 minutes later when I got sick of their harassment [dust storms and branches falling around me] they could have injured me so I stopped and started telling them to piss off.

guess what happended today?

i was riding my bike along the road when i cop car came towards me from the direction of my grow. they stopped to talk to me, but luckily it was just to say u havn't got a helmet, and let me go. but fuk. that car was so close to my grow, 200m. so i turned around and went home. i dunno if i should go back there, too paranoid that they might be waiting for me or something. thing is, its only 1 tiny seedling. im kinda stupid tho its near an army barracks and plains fly past all the time, so in the future they might see it when the plants bigger. what do u guys think? its in the bush which is full of lantana.

one other thing, for people who live in north brisbane, have you noticed there are a HUGE number of cops around. i have seen at least 1 car EVERY day since the start of the school holidays. ;)