PPM

what also made me think i was running them too high was that i would top up my rez with water and nutes to say 2.4 ec. then id check it three days later and it was half empty and the EC was off the richter scale! sometimes 3.2 sometimes more. so they were using a lot more water than nutes

now i adjust it to 1.6 EC, i check 3 days later and its half empty but it never rises above 1.8 EC. so the ratio of nutes to water seems better

i

Yeah mate , your on the ball there , i guess to a new hydro grower , the best advice is do every thing by ½ , what i posted up previously , is by no means gospel , to be honest i actually under feed as well , any way back on topic , i found a european 3 part guide , but the EC is what matters

here tiz........

-----------------------------------

Lights 18/6 - vegetative stage

step 01 = Cuttings/seedlings

Micro =0,5 Gro=0,5 Bloom=0,5 EC=0,8

step 02 = First roots appeared

Micro =1 Gro=1 Bloom=1 EC=1,1

step 03 = regular Vegetative stage

Micro =1,3 Gro=1,3 Bloom=1,3 EC=1,3

lights 12/12 - Flowering

step 04 = vegetative stage/stretch

Micro =1,5 Gro=1,6 Bloom=1,3 EC=1,4

step 05 = end of stretch

Micro =1,5 Gro=2 Bloom=1,3 EC=1,6

step 06 = blooming start

Micro =2 Gro=1,3 Bloom=2 EC=1,6

halfway into bloom

step 07 = blooming

Micro =2 Gro=1 Bloom=C=2,3 EC=1,6

step 08 = Full Bloom

Micro =1 Gro=1 Bloom=2,6 EC=1,4

step 09 =End of maturation / Full Bloom

Micro =0,5 Gro=1 Bloom=3,5 EC=1,4

step 10 = Flush (10/15 days)

Micro =0 Gro=0 Bloom=0 EC=0,5

hope that helps :)

step 9 and 10 can be substitued with straight water flushing , but im not touching that one !

Edited by Lucian

under the old way of canna they used to say up to 2.7 ec and i keep it up to that with no probs ever my plants always looked good, its been a hard thing for me to adjust to the new e.c levels .. but i'll be watching this thread to see how your crop turns out KL to see if this is the right way...

tt

yeah tt its been hard for me too!

when i first started using the canna aqua at 1.6 ec i was really scared i was underfeeding! jeez in the past i thought that 2.0 ec was underfeeding, so i kept a close eye on them for deficiencies. but after 4 weeks they look spot on. ill keep u updated on the yield of course! will throw a couple of pics this way on the weekend too to show how healthy the leaves are

oh and i also wanted to add that i added the pk at 1.5ml per litre and adjusted the nutes to 1.6 ec. well its been 4 days and not one sign of nute burn from the pk. i normally get some leaves yellowing when i use pk at full strength! so thats a good thing also about running an overall lower level of EC i guess

cheers