PPM

in hydro if the clone has roots it will handle full strength nutes... @1400-1800ppm... flower or veg...

seedlings while they are in the seedling stage will use water for the first week.. then if in hydroponic medium... start them off at 600-800ppm... if they start to look a pale yellow.. increase the ppms in 1-200 increments over a few days...

seedlings at 3 weeks will take full strength at 1400-1800ppm...

these measurements are for hydroponics.. if youre using potting mix or blended soils then you could probably almost half these doses.. depending on how depleated the soil is... and of course how big the plant is..

the thing is, to look at the colouring of the leaves... in hydro its extremely rare to get any sort of nutrient difficiencies... as most nutrients are tried and tested... the biggest thing to look for is the yellowing of leaves.. and an all round pale colour over the whole plant... this would tell tou that the ppms arent quite high enough.. when the plants a healthy green.. but have browned tips on the leaves .. this means its a little to high...

i only talk EC , as its universal , ppm has 3 x differant conversion rates

Hydro Veg

week 1-2 0.4-0.6 EC

week 2-4 0.8-1.4 EC

week 6-8 1.6-2.0 EC (2.4 max for me in Veg)

Hydro Flower

week 1 2.0 EC Veg Nutes

week 2-4 1.8-2.0 EC Flower Nutes

week 5-7 2.0-2.4 EC Flower Nutes (week 5 i add pk13/14)

week 7-8 0.0 Flush with RO Water

thats how i do it mate , obviously some strains want more and some need less , but thats already been mentioned above....

Edited by Lucian

the only thing i would add to the above is that you first check the ppm of your water, and add that to your target ppm

hard water can have an EC of 0.8 - so if your running your nutes at 1.6 you should aim for 2.4 in a hard water area

whereas soft water for example 0.1 - you would run your nutes at 1.7

canna have changed there recommendations to max 1.6 ec in flower (soft water). ive been running canna aqua for nearly 4 weeks never exceeding 1.6 EC in flower and they have never looked better. dark green leaves no sign of underfert. if anything they are sooo dark green im inclined to think i could back it off a bit more

in the past ive always run like most people do at 2.4 ec in flower and everything went well, but after reading alot of what people over at uk420 have been recommending about never exceeding 1.6 ec, i may be a convert.

even in veg i used to run at 2.0, well now im at 1.2 and they look fine. and thats not canna aqua, thats a no name commercial 2 part hydro nute.

proof will be in the pudding though in 3 weeks when i cut em down, if the yield dont match the standard average i will be right back up to 2.4!

but ultimately it would be strain dependent as well as temp dependent too. when its very hot, they need lower strength whereas in cold weather they can take a bit more. in the heat they need more water for transpiration and a higher nute strength impedes the ability for the roots to take sufficient water

Well thats good to hear KL , cause i also run low EC readings, rarely do i go over 1.6 and the plants thrive

i even did a side by side comparison and tbh i couldnt see or taste any difference , but i used less nutes and didnt have to flush anywhere near as when on high-strength

Iam quite surprised to see some of the extreme (imo) concerntrations some ppl use yet they still grow fine plants, though i do beleive over fert. has some degree of stress on the plant

but as you say levels should be adjusted to allow for different strain requirements / feeding habits

:thumbsup: