i make home brew bourbon and as a part of this process you make a wash which consists of yeast sugar and water, the bi product of this process is co2, now if i put this wash in my grow rm would i get better growth my rm is about 3x2x2.4, has anyone done this or heard of it or have any info on it. :peace:

Cheers wayno,,

hi mate the process of mixing sugar with yeast to produce c02 is well known. however it will unlikely make much difference to your grow if ur extraction fan is running as it will just suck the c02 out.

to use c02 effectively you need to have either air con with a closed room- therefore you keep the temp chilled with the air con and have no intake or outake and inject c02, or u need to have a cycle system that for example pumps c02 to the required level, shuts fans for 15 mins, then turns on fans for 15 mins to drop temps they cycle back

however it will unlikely make much difference to your grow if ur extraction fan is running as it will just suck the c02 out.

Man i wouldnt say that as with anything it doesnt have to be the best way or nothing, some will be better then none.

If he can harness most of the CO2 from he's "wash" it will have an effect that will be noticed come wiegh up time.

It might not be an outstanding change from a well monitored and expensive system but hell he will notice it on a grow then one without it. Any way i have and did notice the difference running same strain nuts etc then trying this for one grow with just a few buckets at the base of my small box. Dont forget that the CO2 does drop and if our ventilation is at the top of your chamber then there will be a higher concentration lower down.

Now every few days i use the bicarb soda and vinegar method as i got sick of maintaining the yeast. This way i know they are getting a dose whereas i wasnt shore of the yeast survival after time.

Man i wouldnt say that as with anything it doesnt have to be the best way or nothing, some will be better then none.

If he can harness most of the CO2 from he's "wash" it will have an effect that will be noticed come wiegh up time.

It might not be an outstanding change from a well monitored and expensive system but hell he will notice it on a grow then one without it. Any way i have and did notice the difference running same strain nuts etc then trying this for one grow with just a few buckets at the base of my small box. Dont forget that the CO2 does drop and if our ventilation is at the top of your chamber then there will be a higher concentration lower down.

Now every few days i use the bicarb soda and vinegar method as i got sick of maintaining the yeast. This way i know they are getting a dose whereas i wasnt shore of the yeast survival after time.

:peace: I agree SH 100%

this is a very effective way of creating co2... and works very well..

the best way to set this up is to have a smaller bucket at the base of each pot/plant this way the fans suck the co2 up through the canopy as it exhausts...

I know its not what your thinking.. but even just putting the home brew kit in there would benifit some... I think youll find it does raise the levels quite a bit.. and constantly... also lasts a fair while too.. so just set and forget for a few weeks...

the only thing with this set up is the contually higher levels of co2... the thing is they only take co2 through the light hours.. I think... and not as much through the dark period.. and it could cuase problems with overdoseing co2 in the dark period... although the levels achieved with a home brew kit.. might not be high enough to effect them...

really, Ive heard of people doing it and they swear by it... I use soda water... so yeah any is better than none...

Within my smallish area a yeild of 10 ounces was increased to roughly 11 to 11.5 but the stem widths and plant overall vitallity is visible especially when i forget.

Maybe your canister was within an air draft to your exhaust as suggested and the placement of the yeast amongst the plants was the difference in our experiences.

Mine would if sucked up from the larger areas of the containers be passed around the plants and up then out.

Yours might have found a draft to your fan via a direct route up and out from its single source and as such been wasted.

Have a think and retry it you might supprise yourself as sometimes its such a simple thing like that that we overlook.

:peace: like feeding the kids each day dammm :peace: