food colouring

Do you know what food colourings are made out of?

Spook mate i dont know if you were asking me or the original poster, but they're all different, made out of all sorts of things, and a number of them have been banned due to health concerns but if the original poster does decide to use food colouring then it'd probably make sense to go with a NATURAL one :peace:

but I personally still wouldn't want to smoke a natural food dye either. For example chlorella is a natural green food dye derived from algae, and cochineal is a natural red dye derived from cochineal insects ... no thanks :peace:

Edited by NotDave

stupidly enough i have heard of this although never on indoor, old outdoor trick that people wanting more cash used to play is to pull the plant roots and all then stick the roots in a bucket of water and purple food dye to give the plant a bit of a purple tinge, i you want to see the result with out wasting your smoke go and pick a white rose and stick in some water with food dye, you can even split the stem and dual colour the flower.

All health issues aside yes it should work :peace: And i reckon the result would be visually very nice, I just wouldn't wanna smoke it that's all :peace:

Remember back to primary school when you sat a rose flower cutting in a glass of dye overnight to come back to see the flower tinged with that colour the next day

It's probably better to do it with a stem cutting though, no roots ('cos thats how we did it in primary school)

Edited by NotDave

I dont think it works the same way, as the flowers are not white, and they are also not made up of petals. I dunno??

I don't think it's about flowers being white or made of petals, i think it's about the stems absorbing the liquid they're provided with :peace: I'd be very surprised if food dye didn't show through in a similar way as it does with roses. Purely eye candy though, no way would i smoke it :peace: