Growlush lamps opinion

Only if it's a conversion bulb. If it's just a standard bulb then no, you have to use hps lamps with hps ballasts and likewise for MH. There are some conversion bulbs which allow you to use an HPS ballast with a modified MH lamp, but these usually cost more. The 600w MH lamp on offer is likely to be a conversion bulb, as afaik there are no 600w MH ballasts available. So that particular lamp may be okay for use with a 600w HPS ballast.

I'd ask them though.

Growlush are fine for ballasts, I've seen them and they run quiet and have fuse protection, but their lamps are something I've never used. Should be okay though. I'd ask for any information on warranties available to cover yourself.

Hope that helps.

Hi Mullaway,

Thats what I was thinking of doing, cheaper then buying new 600w lamp and balllast

That way, I will only need to buy 1 new 400W lamp

Do you know if these retrofit lamps are as good as the standard MH

Does anyone recommend a particular brand of rerofit MH?

cheers

Edited by cunningstunt

They're not as good as a straight metal halide, but they're close. I've got a 360w HPS to MH conversion, which I use in veg, and a 400w HPS for the flowering period.

I'd always recommend going up to 600w if you can as you get so much more light it's definitely worth the investment. But if you like, you can trial out the conversion 360w MH lamps and see how they go, and if you like the MH veg HPS flower regeime, you can always expand later. :applause:

They're not as good as a straight metal halide, but they're close. I've got a 360w HPS to MH conversion, which I use in veg, and a 400w HPS for the flowering period.

I'd always recommend going up to 600w if you can as you get so much more light it's definitely worth the investment. But if you like, you can trial out the conversion 360w MH lamps and see how they go, and if you like the MH veg HPS flower regeime, you can always expand later. :thumbsup:

now thats a good idea.. :thumbsup: :applause:

tt

i recently grabbed a growlush 600 w mh conversion. it looks pretty good! and a lot cheaper than the equivalent sunmaster. although the sunmaster conversions are the best ive tried. there reliable. (unlike that chinese brand growup which is shite)

so far the growlush is going fine. im not sure about the 20% extra output claim if used with a growlush ballast??? ive just grabbed a light meter so im going to check the light output compared to the sunmaster. should be interesting!