Great strain goes Hermy inside but not outside

This old strain , that has no name except its nick name , i CBFD pulling male flowers , got about 5 seeds ....

my question i guess is the male pollen going to carry the Herm gene ?

The strain has been cloned 6 times by me over the years , god know's before that...

i thought all the seeds would be hermy's , i also thought all the pollen , would produce hermies ?

i would love to get some of the qualities of it , crossed back with the male pollen ....

Can i do it ?

Will it be a waist of time ?

It doesnt Herm out doors , just no longer indoor tolerant ...

i really wanna save this one , the mother went to god , as did the cuttings , so sseds and pollen is all thats left

:thumbsup: Hi lucian, imo u don't have alot to worry about. It sounds like what u have is a genetic female turned hermie, which is not a true hermaphrodite. Check out my entry in this thread, it may make things a little clearer.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...9&hl=hermie

:peace: It sounds to me like u have feminized seed to work with. Good luck, I hope they turn out great for ya.

imo you probably have feminized seeds that could still put out some male flowers like the plant you got them from did...

i reckon the best thing you could do would be to find a male from suitable strain to cross it with and then use those seeds to find a male to backcross to the original female grown from the feminized seeds. this would give you a bunch of seeds that were about 75% that strain you have + if the remaining 25% comes from an indoor strain it should make the strain heaps more tolerant to indoor growing lol

thanks Lads , i wasnt sure if i got feminised seeds , i was hoping but wasnt sure .........

if i do get a girl from these seeds and i should, then crossed it with the pollen i have collected from the mother that showerd male flowers , would i then have close to my original mother back ?

Although i want to also cross it with skunk#1 and bubblegum , that pollen should produce seeds with similar characteristics .........

blah blah blah ,........... ill read that link MongyMan

EDIT: this is what i was looking for , i knew i had seen it a few weeks ago

If a true female ie. XX grows a MALE FLOWER it can only produce X pollen. X pollen + X flower = XX or feminised seeds.
Edited by Lucian