centrifugal fan wiring

need to work out how to wire this fan for a lower speed been told there was a "togle" inside the box i only have a set of wires not hooked up as pictured anyone with electrical advice much appreciated :thumbsup: these pictures should show enough one of the end's of the white plastic joiner thing has wires to one side one wire goes to the motor the other wire goes to the capicitor but are not wired to the 240v supply

post-2209-1160053343_thumb.jpg

post-2209-1160053359_thumb.jpg

post-2209-1160053371_thumb.jpg

what you need to do is find out which one is hi or low then run two wires for them to you switch . on your switch there should be 1 or 2 e.g 1 high and 2 low wire your 240v to your switch or comon just phase and wire nut thru thu to your white plastic and earth just follow the same as what is on the white plastic board..

where you have the live and the one next to it is the hi or lo with nothing on it.(black and brown). so from there you have two wires going to your switch (both phase ) put them into 1 or 2 and on the other side of your switch there should be c for comon put your incoming phase there,... then wire your netural and earth thru the two points that you show on the picture..

done

tt

if thats what theyhave on there as a control box. it doesnt have a fan setting... thats just a straight connector... only thing I can see wrong with this is... where your brown wire goes in to the connector it connects to a black wire?? I am not too sure about this as brown is active and black is nuetral

your live wire should be connected to the brown wire... I think...

either way if a live is connected to a nuetral you will blow it up...

to me it doesnt look like a control box.. just a junction box.. ie... NO controls...

my gues is you will need a another control box to get this fan to work of a variable speed...

another way you can go is to give the fan permanant power... and wire in a control switch in the room somewhere... to turn it on and off.. also you could wire in a light dimmer to get a variable speed happening... this is a little more complicated... I would be looking for a friendly electrician to help you a little better...

if thats what theyhave on there as a control box. it doesnt have a fan setting... thats just a straight connector... only thing I can see wrong with this is... where your brown wire goes in to the connector it connects to a black wire?? I am not too sure about this as brown is active and black is nuetral

your live wire should be connected to the brown wire... I think...

either way if a live is connected to a nuetral you will blow it up...

to me it doesnt look like a control box.. just a junction box.. ie... NO controls...

my gues is you will need a another control box to get this fan to work of a variable speed...

another way you can go is to give the fan permanant power... and wire in a control switch in the room somewhere... to turn it on and off.. also you could wire in a light dimmer to get a variable speed happening... this is a little more complicated... I would be looking for a friendly electrician to help you a little better...

thats what i thought to ss , but sometimes overseas wireing can be different i did come arcoss this when i did my fan the wiring colours were all wrong as well... the only thing i would say is that a dimmer can olny hanndel so many amps they are ment for a light bulb which dont pull many amps. then the next that can go wrong is your motor can brun out doing it that way as well as its not ment to go to that slow or fast...

you should be fine if you follow what i said and if that fan is a two stage fan ...it looks like it is from you diagram that you put there, the controls box that ss said is in the motor ..

the swictch you need is one you called a pole switch ...

tt

light dimmer to get a variable speed happening

That is a very dangerous statement and i recomend that no one ever use them for fans!!!

If the motor is not given enough juice to turn over then you will burn out the motor if the fan pulls plenty of juice then you will overheat the dimmer.

there is exceptions but the sooner no one uses these in there grow the better. Sorry the idea is solid but to easy for some people to try them on any old fan with potentially dangerous circumstances !!!

If you can wait till Monday arvo,

I can show a bloke at work your pics on Monday and he will know. He being and aircon mechanic /sparky.

( a very handy person to know )

Other than that I never recomend electrics to anyone, I may do it, but would hate it if your house burnt down because you followed my amaturistic advice.