IDEAL VAPORIZATION TEMPERATURES

Hello, Im a new member and I have successfuly been converted to a vaporhead after years of smokage.

I just wanted to clear a few things with vaporizing. I recieved my Vapir One v3.0 with the bags included about a month ago.. And I have been experimenting with a few temperatures that THC is extracted with. And what Ive found out is that most people that I know are actually not even grasing the full potential of thier vaporizers. For a couple of weeks, I had been vaporizing with the temperature for the first bag at

365 F, 375 F for the second bag, 385 F for the 3rd bag, and so on in increments of 8-10 F. And I have had mixed results at best.. The 1st bagfull of vapor is a light mist and the mist is slowly diluted as I change the bags. I usually set the fan to medium and high switching between the 2 fan settings to fill a bag. The effects are mellow, with a hent of head buzzing.. but are slightly shortlived (2 hrs at most, Keeping in mind that my tolerance is quite low). I have come across articles that suggest that the Light Mist that we see in the bag, is actually the CBN's and CBD's. And the THC is activated without a mist.. just a taste. To test this theory, I set up an experiement with 2 herb trays.. both consisting of the same EB plant matter, roughly .3 grams. For the first herb tray, I used my previous method of vaporization (first bag at

365 F, 375 F for the second bag, 385 F for the 3rd bag, and so on in increments of 8-10 F.). Then I ingested the vapors (my favorite part of the experiment). I saved the 2nd herb tray for the following day.

Day 1 Effects: Heightened Sense of awareness and senses, Mild Euphoria, Energetic thought patterns, Energetic physical patterns, Mild Music Euphoria.

Day 2 will come tommarrow with the new temperature settings I stumbled upon, I will start the experiment with a clear mind, abstaining from tobacco and high fat foods. The temperature settings will be in the starting range of 110 C through 170 C upping the temperatures in increments of 5 C.

Edited by KNIGHTM4R3

Thanks for all the greetings ;) Ill be looking forward to roaming the OZstone forums tripping/stoned off my ass ;). Tommarrow I will begin the experiment with the 2nd herb tray using the newer lower temp settings.. My theory is you will get higher and your stash will last longer if you vaporize with lower temperatures and slowly increase the temp by small increments. I will let you guys know the results first thing tommarrow with a complete trip report :thumbsup: Edited by KNIGHTM4R3

Ok I just went ahead and vaped up the 2nd herb tray with the new settings... and I can already say that I can feel a major difference... in all areas of getting high.

2nd Herb Tray Effects: Intense Euphoria in the areas of Music and Thought Patterns. I can also feel that spaciel expansion you get from smoking (not vaporizing). I felt that was missing from vaporizing the herb.. but thats now totally changed. I can also feel the extreme hunger that I think earthlings call the munchies. When I answered the phone it felt like the actual person was inside of the phone... and that they were looking at me some how. That feeling..... I have never gotten before from vaporizing at Higher temperatures. I started the temperatures at 290 C and I cranked it up in increments of 15 F, then as i got into the 350's range, I cranked it up to 10 F each bag, then towards 375 F I cranked it up in increments of 5 F untill I got to the maximum temperature of 400 F at my 9th full bag. Yes thats right. 9 Bags. It seemed that as I cranked the temperature I got more mist, in total, there were 4 stages of mist (The 4th stage being the highest density mist). And another thing I have noticed is the "Look at the clock and it felt like 1 hour passed, but only 10 minutes passed" Thing. This seemed missing from High temperature Vapes. So to sum this all up, Starting At Lower Temperatures And Slowly increasing The Temperature Amplifies The Total High By 2 Folds.

Edited by KNIGHTM4R3

Hey KNIGHTM4R3, try pissing off the tiny Vapir bags, cut the plastic nozzle off and find yourself some continuous oven bags, I made mine about 2 foot long, suck four foot of vapour down in the space of a few minutes, then see if ya can't get "stoned" on vapour, only problem I have found is a drying of the throat, which can be annoying.

Yeah I've definitly noticed the same pattern, though so far I've been suspecting the THC was vaping before the CBD/CBN because it always gives me more of a lighter, up stone than smoking (I'm wrong, see below). I start about 180 and work up to 200, but I think you're right and there's plenty more cannabinoids to be had above 200 - the only snag is this is also where the carcinogens are released.

I also suspect that carbon monoxide, or tar, or some other by-product of combustion affects the stone in some way - perhaps as simple as changing lung capacity, or diluting the cannabinoids so more is effectively inhaled (I'm positive high concentrations of cannabinoid vapour saturate my lung capacity and I'm exhaling excess vapour, wastage!), or maybe something more complex. Dunno, but the difference in the high from smoking vs. vapourising the same weed is very noticable. Smoking already vaped weed drives it home, there's definitly more to it than what's available under 200C.

CBD and CBN moderate the effects of THC, without them the high is very different. Perhaps hot air extraction is releasing the cannabinoids in order of boiling point, instead of all at once when you're pulling cones or smoking a joint - the density and grind will be affecting air velocity and temperature...

Perhaps try a thin layer of ground cannabis in your Vapir discs vs. a full disc, and again both at different temps?

According to Dr Hornby (CC #57 Oct/Nov 2005), THCA converts to d9THC at about 1:1 at 60degC. Ed Rosenthal gives us 50C, and temperatures for other components in CC #59 March/April 2006:

21C - "the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate"

31C - "the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate"

39C "virtually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly"

50C - "THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC."

66C - "Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate"

185C - "Cannabinol (CNB) boils"

200C - "THC boils. Clear vapor from a vaporizer"

200C is when the first carcinogens appear, but I don't know when the majority of them are released, or when the really nasty ones appear. At least there's no known cases of cancer from cannabis - minimising carcinogens and going higher will still be better than smoking, and as you're inhaling cannabinoid saturated vapour you're more likely to be enjoying its' anti-cancer and anti-oxidant properties, as well as the terpenoids and flavinoids which are rumoured to have medicinal properties as well - sounds like some of the cannabinoid researchers are now looking into these as well as the cannabinoids.

Wow, That post was brilliant... cheers man.. about the best bit of vaporizer temperature information I have ever come across.. It gives me more ideas, Im going to try the full range of active substances in the EB. :thumbsup:

p.s. The only thing that I find anoying is that those temperatures were active only under a vacuum :-/ . If only the research was done at room temperature.

Edited by KNIGHTM4R3

Hmm do you mean cut that plastic tube? I have the 3.0 so I got those long plastic tubes.. hmm that gives me an idea, you think if i cut the plastic tube that connects the bag to the machine ill get more vapor and less air in a shorter period of time?

What I mean is cut the plastic nozzle out of the bag, then using rubber bands attach it to a long oven bag, even the standard ones from Coles are 3 to 4 times larger than the vapir ones, so you can just fill one bag rather than changing all the small ones, the machine doesn't have to work as hard to fill either.

Check out these threads for a mod tute to get the most out of your Vapir.

Vapir thread with video

Mod tute

what was that....I thought I heard pippy clearing his throat