i accidently put double the amount of silica magic!

hi KL,

in the past ive done the same on purpose no issues but doesnt do the plants any good long term, iether top up when res is 1/3 empty with more nute or leave and follow up with less next week.

are plants ok no purpleing, or stunted growth some of the issues i had a well over double dose late in flower.

apparently that silica is quite strong compared to Budlink mix rate so becareful.

what happens if you adjust Ph after silica, then add nute with ph adjusting? id think your ph would then be too low. well it would be in my grow. if your using a nute without Ph id agree ph along the way.

hi all. there were no visible ill affects of the silica majic double dose. its been 5 days. i flushed and dumped today anyway! and put the right dose in.

thc - in one rez i mixed today i added the silica first then dropped the ph to 6.3. then i added the nutes and the ph came in at 5.4. somemay say this is a bit low, but in my grodan setup is where i like to start. in 3 days the ph in my setup tends to drift up to 6.2. so i like to start at 5.3 or thereabouts. im 3 days there will only be 1/3 of the rez left so ill top up with water then.

but yeah your right that if the nute has a bf buffering actoin it does drop the ph to the low 5's if u ph adjust after adding the silica but before the nutes. guess it depends how low u like to start the ph

well its supposed to strengthen cell walls apparently, which provides resistance to grey mold (botrytis) and also adds weight apparently. and also helps to deal with high salinity. these are claims made by the manufacture though.

this is the first time ive used silica majic. in the past ive used dutch master silica and i really didnt see much difference. same amount of limited botryties buds at the end with or without the dm silica.

but silica majic is supposed to be alot better.