06/07 Guerilla Thread

cOwMoO

Hey snowbuds,

Nope, my mate :toke: hasn't used it before, I'm sure he'd be entrigued on any progress so far on any auto stuff ( he love's the tech shit :wacko: )

It's his first solar setup and I'm sure he'd be most keen to hear how any other is going :doh:

As for ebay for pumps and solar stuff (or anything else really)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/5-W-Solar-Battery-P...1QQcmdZViewItem

and heres a plug.. http://www.irrigationwarehouse.com.au/ they deserve it,

only place online with the pumps I wanted!

See you in the bush,

cOwMoO

Edited by cOwMoO

Sorry for not updating the thread, I've been away for a while.

Anyways, the plot is going good, the pumping system works great, although the solar panel is not powerful enough, thus the battery looses charge over time.

It's had to be changed twice, but shouldn't need any other changes this season.

Next season, a new, bigger better! solar panel, and some more testing should have this setup working nicely with no maintenance.

Sorry, no pics for now, hopefully next visit :peace:.

cOwMoO

cow moo.. i dont no if u have read.. but i posted before about obtaining solar panals from orange road work stand alone machines.. most have 2 juice panals on top (minimum) at least 20 w panal minimum garrentee..

But i relise you might be in the bush.. but if outskirts and road improvment is near by u will find 1 .. you can easily power 2x 150liter hour into ressie pumps

most are 12 or 24v.. if 24v use truck battery.. sink a powerbox under

How long can the wires from the panel to the battery be? I mean is it possible to hide the solar panel up the top of a large tree, and have the wires running down to the pump. Also, could you just use a car battery and one of the windscreen washer pumps from the car? It would be like a drip system.

123abc: Haven't read it, but I'll keep that in mind :crybaby:

auspamp: The wires on my solar panel are about 3 meters long, but I don't see why you couldn't lengthen them to around 7-8m without too much problem.

As for the grow, some good and bad news...

The plot is going good with some real monster plants (new cross), sorry still no pics (camera got stolen a while back :( ).

And now the bad news.....I was ripped, not the main crop, but a small secondary crop of 6 plants, found 2 missing today :(.

Not too sure what I'm gonna do yet, got nowhere to move the other 4 (1 of which is a trifoliate), and pulling them now would be a complete waste (buds are nowhere near mature).

Any ideas??

cOwMoO

Edited by cOwMoO