Very pleasantly surprised by a Nirvana AK48 sativa pheno!

Ive grown one Nirvana Papaya before (which was crap), this was my 2nd grow with a Nirvana strain, AK-48 this time. I haven't tried Sensi's AK-47 before so I can't compare it, so I don't know if this phenotype that I got is the main one or what. I dont grow Nirvana strains often because there's so much other good stuff out there that I want to grow out first, but this is proof that although Nirvana strains are F2 knockoffs you can still get some very interesting phenotypes, because although they're F2's they seem to be based on respectable genetics, Sensi's AK-47 in this case

Anyway I just wanted to try it so I just grew 1 seed and after the seed had breached the surface I veg'd it for only 1 week before moving it to the flowering chamber (600w hps). After a few more weeks I did a one-off LST tie-down.

... ~9 weeks later:

post-10229-1159198100_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the poor photo but you can at least see its structure. Not many leaves at all, and each stem is just covered in buds. The buds are highly resinous, trichomes everywhere.

The plant could not support herself - the weight of the crown colas was far too much so I had to tie her up a fair bit. I would've liked to wait a few more days before harvest but she was just getting too tricky to manage.

Harvesting was tricky - I cut the plant into 5 segments rather than chop it down in one piece because of its structure but still ended up getting my arms covered in resin:

post-10229-1159198125_thumb.jpg

So a total of just 10 weeks from seed germination to harvest (including just 1 week of veg) yet she's yielding something like 5-10 dry ounces of bud, one of my best returns yet

Here's one of the main colas:

post-10229-1159199376_thumb.jpg

I wish I had a better camera than 2 megapixel because the bud structure is very nice, very high calyx to leaf ratio and the calyxes are all nice and boulbous making it very easy to work with. The buds look pretty similar to this Super Skunk of Sensi's: http://azarius.com/images/tmp/azarius.com_s_superskunk.jpg

Nice one mate! Im hopeing for similar return but i doubt it haha!

:thumbdown: well at least we know there's at least 1 excellent pheno in AK-48 ... pity it's an F2 though, it may take a while to come across this pheno again. Due to the excellent results from this one I'm going to germinate another AK seed probably in a month or so just to see what I end up with, as it has tickled my curiosity