Please Crit My Shed.

Hi guys, Welcome to my next project.

The shed measures about 3000lx2000w over all I want to fill the back half with a self sufficent perpetual growing station with 3 seperate chambers and 4 watering systems.

I will be growng organicaly with the pots sitting in a tray of pumice, with a returning irrigation system to a 56L resiovar topped up with a ballcock valve.

Room 1 Flowering

1200wx1200lx2000h, 6mm plywood walls lined with Astro foil.

1x 1000w hps with 900wx800l silver dimpled adjusta shade

6mm plywood walls lined with Astro foil

5x 75mm drain pipe inlet vents right side

150mm Westaflex extractor fan with 150mmx1000 carfon scruber (might make my own Thanks Stoney)

2x irrigation trays 600x900x210 sitting on 56 litre resiovar which has a 2500lph water pump and ballcock.

Room 2 Vegging

600wx1200lx1100, 6mm plywood walls lined with Astro foil

1x 250w MH with 550wx600l silver dimpled adjusta shade

5x 75mm drain pipe inlet vents right side

shared extraction with the flowering room fan and scrubber, 3x 75mm pipes on bulb and 1 at each end

1x irrigation tray same as above

Room 3 Mother Clone box

600wx850lx450h steped as plan, 6mm plywood walls lined with Astro foil

10x 600mm 18w fluro white and glowlux

2x 75mm drain pipe inlet vents right side

shared extraction with the flowering room fan and scrubber with 2x 75mm drian pipes

3x 300wx500lx180 plastic tubs 1x for res with pump and ballcock 1x with 3x drippers 1x clone bid with dome

all linked to keep the minimum water levelfor the pump to ensure condensation for the clones.

I would like to hear all ya thoughts especially if you have some experience running 1000w and carbon scrubbers. I am a bit concerned with the ectraction set up will it be enough? last thing I want is to add extra fans to keep temps down. should I downsize the flowering light to a 600w?

Sorry about the pdf's don't know how to change them??

shed_Model__1_.pdf

shed_Model__2_.pdf

Thanks BPA, I was going to get a 150mm centrifugal fan that pulls 600 cubic meters per hour and then link it to the other rooms with 5x and 2x 75mm drain pipes which will be cut to fit the shape of the carbon scrubber in the flower room, so I hope that will provide enough ventilation for the vege and mother room.

I am going to run 6x drip emitters (the ones with their own stakes and the screw top) into each 900x600 tub so I can alternate between 2 and 6 plants per month (per tub). With these emitters you can control the water flow so I can close them individually to adjust numbers.

With abit of LST i reckon I can keep the plants abound 700mm and still fill the 600x600 foot print.

What do you think about the 1000w light I have read lots of contradicting info on the recommended foot print.

The shed is outside, and the local climate varys between 10c to 23c. maybe I am being abit keen going with 1000w in an area half the size of yours with only a 600w. Are the inline fans more powerful I know they only recomend centrifungal fans with carbon scrubbers maybe that is just because retailers are greedy. The fan does need to be as quiet as posible to avoid detection, so am happy to pay for the more expensive option if it helps.

Thanks stoney, the original plan was for a 600w until I read somewhere 1300x1300 was ideal for a 1000w, that coment could have come from a 15yr old kid growing under 1x cfl tho....I really only wana have the 1x extractor through the carbon scrubber to avoid any smells, so I will budget for a 600w unless someone proves me otherwise.

I am hoping to get the shed cleared and lined before my other girls finish 4wks now and have it up and running at full capacity by xmas

The shed is outside, and the local climate varys between 10c to 23c. maybe I am being abit keen going with 1000w in an area half the size of yours with only a 600w. Are the inline fans more powerful I know they only recomend centrifungal fans with carbon scrubbers maybe that is just because retailers are greedy. The fan does need to be as quiet as posible to avoid detection, so am happy to pay for the more expensive option if it helps.

Firstly two 600w's provide more light at a lower running cost with more effective light spread over the canopy. Second beware - do not waste your money on a fan that will not work effectively with your carbon filter - you really do need the fancy centrifugal fan (they can handle more line pressure than anything else).

Other than that everything else sounds pretty good.

Anyway - growing is always "work in progress" including upgrading etc.

I say "just do it" :xcited: