seeds

stonerweed

hey there stonerweed

well i dont really think northern lights can take out the strongest weed trophy but it is still a good smoke from what i have heard as i aint grown it out as yet

some more i would suggest are celtic stone, celtic cross, mr Nice SSH

and those are just a few the list is very long but hey pretty much anything celtic is from good genetics and will not only yeild ya a good amount but will get ya hell stoned

hope this helps

cheerz :Dj:

hi there stoners im gonna buy some seeds and i heard that northern lights is the strongest weed u can get

Northern Lights is indeed quite a potent indica, but keep in mind that it's a very old strain and a lot of newer strains are much stronger, including many of the Northern Lights x crosses. Northern Lights doesn't grow very big so the yield isn't very big (which is why it's often crossed with bigger-yielding strains), but Northern Lights is about quality not quantity - expect lots of frost. If you do grow Northern Lights then keep it in veg phase for as long as you can because it doesnt get much more than double its height in flowering - it's a little Christmas tree of a thing.

I've found Cinderella 99 (sativa), Sour Diesel (mostly indica), Grapefruit (sativa) and ICE (hybrid) to be more potent than Northern Lights when grown the same way. Blueberry I'd say has a similar strength to Northern Lights, but a more dramatic smell and flavour.

Cinderella 99 is a particular favourite, especially when you get the pineapple phenotype (i also got the grapefruit phenotype once which is even more rare but I prefer the pineapple one), it's quite an extraordinary smell and taste, and my god does it pack a punch - a very strong sativa high, but C99 is very hard to find now although you can still get Cinderella 99 F5's by Australia's own Wally Duck at SeedBoutique which he apparently stabilised for the pineapple phenotype.

If this is your first grow or thereabouts, and you're only growing one or a few plants, I'd recommend going with a www.FemaleSeeds.nl strain (available for purchase at Seedboutique) - I've tried their Grapefruit, Northern Lights and ICE and all are supreme quality, plus they're feminised seeds so you're pretty much guaranteed to end up with females (all mine have been), plus they are very affordable (especially for their quality!), plus you can buy 4-seed-packs if you don't need/want a 10-pack.

Edited by NotDave

if you want something that packs a good punch then grab Celtic Stone seeds. they are availble through www.planetskunk.com

NL is ok, but its FAR from the strongest weed.

ICE is utter crap, dont waste your money or time on it.

C99 is good, but I prefer something crossed with it. a damn good strain ive grown out was from SPC. it was AK47 X C99.

but IMHO nothing ive grown would touch celtics.

Celtic Stone is just Sagarmatha's Stonehedge x Dixie Crystal - doesn't sound like much to write home about? :peace:

I was a bit disappointed by Stonehedge :)

Also - "ICE is crap"? Are you sure you're talking about the FemaleSeeds version and not the Nirvana version? Nirvana's Ice is nothing like FemaleSeeds ICE. I prefer FemaleSeeds ICE over Northern Lights actually - better yield, slightly stronger high, and basically the same flowering period - very quick

Edited by NotDave

Celtic Stone is just Sagarmatha's Stonehedge x Dixie Crystal - doesn't sound like much to write home about? smile.gif

I was a bit disappointed by Stonehedge sad.gif

Also - "ICE is crap"? Are you sure you're talking about the FemaleSeeds version and not the Nirvana version? Nirvana's Ice is nothing like FemaleSeeds ICE. I prefer FemaleSeeds ICE over Northern Lights actually - better yield, slightly stronger high, and basically the same flowering period - very quick

Celtic Stone is indeed Sagamartha's Stonehedge X Juan's Dixie Crystal. If you havent tried it you should, it is amazing. Ive grown ALOT of strains and nothings been anywhere near as good as this strain.

it is nothing like straight Stonehedge.

No, I apologise I was not aware that there was another strain called Ice. That is Nirvanas. I was referring to Nirvanas Ice. I havent grown the Femaleseeds version.

Celtic Stone is indeed Sagamartha's Stonehedge X Juan's Dixie Crystal. If you havent tried it you should, it is amazing. Ive grown ALOT of strains and nothings been anywhere near as good as this strain.

it is nothing like straight Stonehedge.

Sounds interesting. I've never heard or read about Dixie Crystal before but I'm assuming that's where it's getting most of its punch from - Stonehedge itself was 'good', but in this day and age where we're spoilt with great strains I guess I was expecting a bit more :) (but I only grew 1 seed of it so theres a fair chance I didn't even get the best pheno)

Anyway its always good to hear from people who've grown a lot of strains and have a unique favourite, I've put it on my list to do some further reading about before possible purchase :)

No, I apologise I was not aware that there was another strain called Ice. That is Nirvanas. I was referring to Nirvanas Ice. I havent grown the Femaleseeds version.

no apologies! I had a feeling you'd be talking about the Nirvana one because that has been around a while and is fairly common being a Nirvana strain, whereas the FemaleSeeds one is less than a year or so old :peace:

but yeah that's the problem with all these Nirvana knock-offs - they give the real deal a bad name because they're both two different strains - they're good for young growers on a tight budget I guess, but never compare to the real deal

Actually Nirvana's Ice and FemaleSeeds ICE are quite different ... plus FemaleSeeds calls theirs "The ICE" as opposed to Nirvana's "Ice" *shrug* :)

Nirvana describes theirs as "ancestors of Afghani, a very special Skunk, Northern Light, and Shiva"

The "very special Skunk" im pretty sure is the same male Nirvana usually use on all their strains.

FemaleSeeds on the otherhand:

"The ICE® is a selected pheno out of a Skunk Special X White Widow cross, back in '96. She was selected out of 500 females, because she had best of both sides. The enormous buds of the Skunk Special, the trich coverage and power of the White Widow, with an Indica look. During the High times Cup of '98, the highest THC-levels were measured in the ICE. (published in Weed World). Years of backcrossing and cubing have been spend to stabilise this cross towards the first pheno-type. Even a little bit of Blue Berry was crossed in and stabilised again. She smells like a diesel (fuel) and the flowering period is 8 weeks. "

From FemaleSeeds ive so far tried their Northern Light, Grapefruit (which is 75% Cindy99), and most recently ICE (and have another ICE ready for harvest in about 1 week :peace:), and all three have been first class, so they'd probably have to be my favourite breeder. ICE is one of their most expensive strains, but still ridiculously cheap (especially for feminised/female seeds!) at US$33 for a 4-pack.

ICE is just raw THC power, ridiculously potent stuff ... I recommend wearing a seat belt for this one :peace:

Here's a good thread about it at one of the two FemaleSeeds forums:

"Ice Ice Baby" - http://www.hg420.com/showthread.php?t=1755...age=1&pp=10

Edited by NotDave

I have to say I wouldn't recommend using so called "feminised" seeds for a first grow. It's a bit of a misnomer "feminised" as it doesn't really describe the odds with a dioecious plant like MJ. Nature has a way of screwing with the best laid plans of mice and men.

Potency isn't everything either, flavour, vigour of the strain in question, and time to harvest should certainly come into it. Have a look around various sites, look for feedback from growers on forums, and then in the end you just have to take a punt.

You typically get what you pay for in this business, and caveat emptor is definitely a guiding principle here.

Nirvana definitely have a public relations problem. They've always been unpopular for one reason or another, mostly because their strains are f2 hybrids, but there have been instances of people being very happy with their beans. I wouldn't get any from em myself though.

I have to say I wouldn't recommend using so called "feminised" seeds for a first grow. It's a bit of a misnomer "feminised" as it doesn't really describe the odds with a dioecious plant like MJ. Nature has a way of screwing with the best laid plans of mice and men.

*sigh* there's always gotta be one who advises against fem seeds ... :) grin

Approx 1 in every 2 or 3 seeds I grow is from a fem seed (to ensure I don't have a bad run of males), and I've NEVER had a bad experience with them - i've never even had a partial hermie let alone a proper hermie, ive just got 100% females.

99% of fem seeds turn out female - you're making this guy worry about the other 1% :peace: (and keep in mind that regular seeds can also produce hermies!)

Keep in mind tho that I've never grown any Nirvana feminised seeds :) - I know that Nirvana had a bad run of hermie-prone feminised seeds which is why they stopped making them, and that helped give fem seeds a bad name - I guess they just didn't get their technique quite right. On the other hand, Dutch Passion, FemaleSeeds etc seem to have it figured out to the point where 99% will turn out female.

In regards to using femme seeds as a first grow I reckon it's the way to go if youre only growing a couple of plants - nothing more frustrating than growing your first plant only for it to turn out male! :)

Nirvana definitely have a public relations problem. They've always been unpopular for one reason or another, mostly because their strains are f2 hybrids, but there have been instances of people being very happy with their beans. I wouldn't get any from em myself though.

Like you said you get what you pay for - I think Nirvana exists for young growers on a students budget :peace:

Buying Nirvana beans doesnt make much sense to me - sure for $20 you can get a cheap pack of god knows what, but for say $40 you can get the real deal - just sell a stick to a mate and get your extra $20 back. :peace:

Edited by NotDave