the "Fuckwit" Iamascumma to legislate for driver drug tests

So to sum up I feel my terminology is an accurate reflection of the situation. If a mod objects then they can change it ,it doesn't bother me .

Doesn't bother me either mate and I already agreed it was accurate, but thats not what I was getting at. Its not a matter of whether you are right or wrong, but when it comes to gaining the ear of the general public or politicians, using extreme language like that virtually guarantees your opinion will be disregarded, even though you are completely correct in what you say. :thumbsup:

Jess I don't think calling Iemma a fuckwit and a nazi is really going to help our cause.

Do you agree with RBTs for alcohol? I do, I think anyone who drives impaired deserves having the book thrown at them, whether it's for alcohol, lack of sleep, perscription medication or cannabis, speed or any other drug.

Do I agree on the burden of proof being shifted, in everyone involved in a fatal accident being tested? No, but I agree with testing for all sorts of impairment both on a random basis and where you're at fault in an accident.

Do you think it's a good idea, regardless of the evidence for and against, that people are out there driving on our roads after recently using cannabis, speed and other illicit drugs? Do you think Joe Public agrees with you? It's a very surprising position to take if you do think it's fine to be driving while impaired or after recently using any kind of drug that has been shown to impact on motor skills and our perception of space and time.

No I don'tr agree with anything you said Niall ,your entitled to your opinion,but thats all it is an OPINION.

Drug Testing drivers for CANNABIS (not heroin or valium or other central nervous system depressants) and comparing cannabis driver drug tests to RBT is like comparing black and white :there opposites.

1] RBT involves testing for a LEGAL amount of alcohol ,if you are over the legal limit 0.05 then you have committed a criminal offence.RBT levels have been set through scientific testing.

2] Drug tests for cannabis involve testing for METABOLITES ,which show nothing more than the body has come into contact with cannabis and the body has processed it.

3]The level that drug tests are set for the measurement of metabolites is so low that it is ZERO-TOLERANCE,the levels are measured at around 20-50 BILLIONTHS of a gram of metabolites ,it is no indication whatsoever of impairment .

4] There are NO studies that conclusively prove that cannabis causes impairment to the degree that it would effect driving

I note the Victorian scum claim that 1 in 40-50 test positive to drugs yet they say RBT is so successful that they only get a positive 1 in 200 ( I think it was about 1 in 400 actually) BUT ITS A LIE - they are comparing OVER 0.5 to the drug figure ,however if they told the truth it would be a very different picture , if you could find out how many tested positive but within the legal limit as well I imagine it would then be more like 1 in 3 - 4 have alcohol in their system ,they are BULLSHITTING US. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jess Stone

One thing that worries me guys is that if I have a toke at night and go driving the next day and run into a drug test, then test positive, where do I stand? Are the police really going to believe me if I tell them I smoked the night before? Let's say I test positive on the first go, and not on the second test. Will the police remember me as someone testing positive to cannabis? This would have heavy implications linked to my name don't you think? Surely they would make a note of it. Wouldn't they?

This is some serious shit because people are testing positive to 'illegal' substances. Where will this all go?

Our rights are being taken away nearly every day. What about people who take heavy prescription drugs? I swear I've driven behind a few grannies who are high on valium.

To be honest, I don't like driving when I'm too whacked because I'm too paranoid! And I've always been that way. I always wait until I feel safe enough. And its usually just down the road after hanging out at a mates place. And I'm very careful. More careful than normal.

Joe Public can go f*** himself in my opinion!

You're either a good driver or a bad driver...............

well said Jess. I would also add you have to look at the psychological effect different drugs tend to have. It is over simplifying the issue to simply say driving while impaired is bad. Alcohol tends to make people more confident and aggressive, thats why driving under its influence is dangerous because you are combining impairment with over confidence...

cannabis is not the same at all as it tends to make people more mellow and relaxed and a driver's state of mind is a much more significant factor as to how safe you are there.

The fact that your reflexes and coordination are slightly impaired is not a big issue. Old cautious drivers are much safer than young reckless drivers for exactly the same reason. :thumbsup:

Edited by pipeman

First up Mongyman wow those plants in your avatar look positively EVIL( like when bad=good,evil=Super bad/good) to answer your question 1st ,haven't tracked anything down yet ,like on NSW gov website ,but I will!

However in Vic they have just made refusal even heavier = GAOL - JAIL time,up to 18 months!!! :yahoo:

I'm right Pipeman,there seems no point in keeping the gloves off,its going to happen anyway and they are NAZIS! IMO. B)

They already think Cannabis users are loser dropkicks to be kicked around as a political football full well knowing how hard it is to campaign for law change when in their opinion campaigning for cannabis law reform is an admission you are a cannabis druggie dropkick despite statistics that clearly show most cannabis users are white-collar-middleclass people but cannabis arrests mainly happen to poor&blue-collar&minority(eg Kooris)groups in an act of utter socio-economic/cultural/racial DISCRIMINATION !

Unlike a piss test which they check for masking agents/temperature etc a saliva test I believe maybe able to be fooled,I am trying to organize funds to purchase test machines to conduct testing and to create an alternative data base which might be very revealing beyond even the discovery of viable masking agents etc. :thumbsup:

PS Keep an eye on Drug Test Scam for the latest on this subject as some of these questions already have been answered on my website.Also I am sure they(Gov.) already know about my site and what I think of them,as the site stats are telling the 3rd most popular country visiting DTS is UNKNOWN ,hmm OK I'll concede that quite a few of these hits are pc savvy internerd types but the 3rd most popular? My guess is NSW-Vic etc Police/Gov./ ASIO/ CIA blah,blah,blah, I'm not being paranoid just realistic,its like I've defended 'hydro' all over the net so I'm sure they assume I've a vested interest ,which I don't however whats the point of denying whats not true in the first place as all people will think anyway is that " Me thinks he does protest to much" " He's a 'hydro' grower" "for sure" which as I said I'm not but thats what most probably think, my M.O. is consistant I defend ALL things cannabis !

Edited by Jess Stone

B) Cheers Jess, and one more question, which states have drug testing because I do alot of interstate driving and didn't know any did and I reckon if I stoped smoking tomorrow I'd probably still test positive this time next year. :peace: :thumbsup:

:yahoo: :toke: THIS IS NOT GOOD :) :toke:

lol Voted on the SMH link too, it would be good to see their % reversed

B) ;)