Drying Help

oh, your not understanding the THC degrading process at all...

as the THC degrades, this starts when the plant is still growing.. when the fibres are %50/50...as the plant goes past the peek sexual stage and the fibres start to die...it turns to CBD and CBN dimishing the THC%.. make sense... the more the THC degrades the heavier the stone will be.. as the plant degrades... as it ripens, the intense sunlight.. in this case your 1000watter.... assists the degeneration of the THC at a much faster rate... this is the reason those sexy trichromes we love so much either take on a glistening clear look, or a dull cloudy look....the cloudier the trich's are the more CBD ans CBN 's are present... THC continues to still degrade after the plant has been harvested.. .a cool dark space will then help stop the rapid degeneration of THC massively.. making for a much more pleasant smoke... and more flavour.. no doubt... obviously your growing nice and resiny buds.. so of course . the buds will still get you stoned .. but it will be more of a couch lock stone rather that if it was dryed at a slower rate in a dark cool space.... and when dryed propery they will by all scientific evidence, be more potent... thc potency...over all, the difference might be minimal, like %10-%20.. so of course they will still get you stoned...

thats why no one complains they are too wacked and cant talk..and thier falling asleep.. or move lol

thanks for explaining that too me ss

ill keep that in mind.

its not a problem in the summer as the warm air from outside flowing through the room and outside the carbon filter keeps the room at a sufficient temperature so they dry quick enough. its only in the winter where the lights help keep it warm.

its just that by having the lights on, saves a week so can move the others from the veg room into main room

i dont clean until there dry, so perhaps the head and fan leaves help protect the buds form the light?

one idea i just thought of is sectioning off the drying part of the room with panda plastic to stop the light getting through, but will still get the benefit of the heat from lights and the carbon filter! best of both worlds lol

last time i pulled up at 56 days, the trichs were going cloudy, only a few were orange. i wonder if you check em under the scope after they are dry whether you could tell if thc is degrading cause of the light?

like ya said if ya just going to fuck it off it wouldnt matter a geat deal how ya dry it really.. its will still be fine and people will still apreciate it...you would hope...its just if you were going to smoke it youself, to get the best flavour it should be done with no short cuts....like you Ive been growing for about 19 years... and I am still trying to perfect the curing process.. not that its not nice now, but every crops seems to get a little better with different drying and curing methods...

that THC degeneration is written in MJ botany.. its not myth... he explains it great detail... ive sort of tried to get it all in an keeping it short.. I mean there's 4 chapters in the book.. the last one is Harvesting.. goes into great detail about drying and curing and thc degeneration... it really is an art form to get right...

as for the cloudiness of the trichs, they are very clear to see when you hold your cured bud upto the sunlight whether its clear or cloudy, but for sure you would see it heaps better with a magnifier.. even more clear with a good macro lens on your cam... you could take a before and after.. seperate a few buds and dry them in the wardrobe .. try different methods... find the best.. the differences will be slight but they will be there....the most difference will be flavour...