Drying Help

if your desperate for a smoke, you can dry some in the microwave...

dont do this with any of the choice crowns, let them dry naturely.... cut up some small buds in to 5-10mm chunks... wrap in a paper towel.... on LOW..I repeat..LOW... for 10-20 secs, then let sit for a few minutes, then hit it again.. it should by dry enough to smoke in about 10 minutes... WARNING.. this will make the buds taste like shit... but its the best way to dry bud quickly with out losing too much THC... way better than a frying pan....or grill

alteratively... you can cut the buds up to little 5mm chunks, place on a peice of paper and rest on top of the telly or video ... it will be dry with in 2 hours or so.. and it will still retain a lot of the flavour... this is what I do...

better still, get a bowl, and as you trim your buds, USE FINGERS NOT SCISSORS, and rub the fibres and hash into the bowl.. by the time youve finished trimming you should have enough to get you quite wacked...

to trim.. I cut the branches into lengths, strip as much of the leaf off as possible.. and hang upside down on a wire coat hanger... just use the bottom buds to hook it on there...I dry mine infront of the fire place and its usually ready to come off the stalk in 3-4 days...this wont be totally dry... I then lay it out on a screen for next day or so to finish it off, or it just goes into my bucket and it cures there untill the next one is through....

when its dry put them into air tight jars, maccona coffee jars a great for this... and just let air once every few days.. check them daily though to make sure they havent sweated and wet up again.. this will cause mold... you dont want that.... if its sweats, just lay it out on screens.. if it smell musky.. sit it in the sun... this isnt the best thing to do. but it will kill the mold and stop it from spreading...if its dried properly when you put them into jars you wont have any issues, and you will have some very nice smoke with in the week..getting better with age....make sure the stalks snap before you put them into jars.. then you cant go wrong.. buds may feel dry to touch.. but if that stalk done snap.. then its still holding moisture...with in the stalk...

hey there

well being winter at the moment i have hda to move my drying inside which is annoying as my house farken reeks lol but i have mine on a ghetto clothes line in me spare room

now during summer i dont need to dry indoors i just use me shed or garage nice and warm during the day and same at night

drying can take 2-3 weeks sometimes mine takes 2 during winter and i just chop me lant up take off as many leaves as i can be bothered and then hanging them upside down. now when dry the best way to tell is the bud will snap off the stem without the need for cutting.

and after dried i always cure mine by putting in an airtight container and opening the container for about 5-10min every day i do this for a few weeks to a month or so

hope this helps

thats got to be the most stupidist way to dry buds, as once the plant has been cut the intence light degenerates the thc very quickly, making them extremely less potent, and will ruin all the hard work youve put into growing them...

if youve been drying them like this then try doing it in a dark room a you will see the difference...

ive been drying them in dark rooms and light rooms for years. and no one has every mentioned any difference in the poency. try it and see.

they will be ready in 4 to 5 days max.

i used to dry in a dark room (which wasnt a Groom) but were not talking a few ounces which you can dry in your little cupboard and muck around with. were talking quantity - and many times there may be no other room in house to dry in but a Groom. and if your not drying it in a Groom with a carbon scrubber - the smell outside is so strong that you wont be drying any buds ever again!

Edited by keepleft

ok SS thats a great idea - load up the car with the trees / wet dope and drive it somewhere else - hope u dont get pulled over!

but seriously - when theres alot it stinks right (most strains do anyway). so putting em in the Groom with a carbon filter fixes the smell problem (you cant use ozone as it kills the smell of the buds).

the problem is that if you have the carbon filter running and no lights then the room is too cold - so it takes way too long to dry (risk of mold and even greater risk is that you want it dry and out of there quickly). option is to use heaters, which works, but by using the lights yoiu get the benefit of being able to put the next batch in straight away saving you a week

im interested in other opinions as to whether the lights on for say 4 days would fuck up the smoke quality - cause i or no one else who has smoked it has noticed a difference. perhaps it takes longer than 4 to 5 days to degrade or perhaps its so strong that bit of degradation doesnt make a difference!

but goinig back to the original topic - yeah if u dont have a smell issue then yeah dry in a room / area thats at least 25 degrees imo