Homemade vaporiser w/pics

So hello everyone, this is my first post, and i figured i should make it an interesting one! about 3 months back my mate was getting pretty interested in vaporisers, so being the nice dude that i am i told him i would make one for him - it was holidays, and i had the time, so why not. I have just recently begun to visit this site and thought why not share my superawesome plans? At the time i made it i hadn't anticipated posting pics anywhere and so did not take any pics during construction, so attatched are some pics taken at his house from my phone. Hopefully you can understand how it was made from the pics and my radical diagram. The vap was designed for the bottom halo of a 600ml coke bottle to be put on top, it just so happens that its a perfect snug fit on the inside of the pringles can.

Materials:

- Large pringles can

- Soldering iron ( i got a 25W one from dick smith for about $15)

- A soldering iron ( for actual soldering )

- cardboard

- silicone sealant (use where cardboard meets inside of pringles can)

- nuts n bolts

- 600ml coke bottle

- 'Beverage tubing' (can be bought from bunnings)

- Thimble (for cone)

- heatshrink tubing ( for electrical insulation around solder points )

How it does stuff! :

- The pipe sticking out the top is for air intake when inhaling, the vapor drops to the bottom where the other end of the pipe you inhale through is, alternatively, you could jus put a hole in the top of the half coke bottle, i did not as i designed this with the use of a glass bottle in mind.

- The switch is pretty much essential unless you feel like flicking the power outles on and off; when the thinble gets too hot and you can see smoke begin to billow, just flick the switch to off for a few minutes so that only the good stuff gets vaporised :whistle:

Features yet to add:

- light dimmer for temperature control

- led lights for easier vapor detection in the dark

- thermometer for optimal temp settings

I hope this inspired a few people :toke:

any suggestions would be appreciated, and i will gladly answer any questions. i can try get some better pics and maybe some of the inside if anyone requires. :yahoo:

post-8242-1153245019_thumb.jpg

post-8242-1153245062_thumb.jpg

post-8242-1153245127_thumb.jpg

post-8242-1153245232_thumb.jpg

yo, pipeman, the air intake is because if you suck air out of the chamber, more air must be let in from somewhere - its like trying to suck all the air out of an empty plastic bottle - its hard and the bottle will collapse inwards.

stoney79, atm were getting away with flicking the iron off before it gets too hot , but yeh hopefully i can resolve that with a light dimmer to lower its max temp so it never needs to be turned off to cool down. ur right though the use of a thimble means that the weed gets in direct contact with the tip of the soldering iron, at the time a thimble was the best thing available, but a sort of metal plate would go well too - placing the weed farther from the plates point of contact with the iron tip would stop it from getting as hot.

Edited by zano

if you do a completed tute with light dimmer, pics while making it, etc. i'll pin it so everyone can read it :) while its a great tute now, adding the light dimmer so you wouldnt have to flick the iron thingy would make it perfect as not only would this vape cost less than 1/5th of most vapes on the market, in costing so much less, more people will give it a go which means more people are consuming their mj in a healthier manner :toke:

what a great contribution to make to the site, especially on your first post B)