I know I said I had nothing more to say, but three statements can't pass without comment.

"when added to the flouride and other bacteria killing chemicals in city water"

Fluoride is not used as a bactericide, it does not directly kill bacteria. It works by increasing the levels of fluoroapatite (a modified hydroxyapatite) in the teeth. Fluoroapatite is much less soluble in acid than hydroxyapatite, and therefore much more resistant to dental decay.

Microbes in drinking water are usually controlled with chlorine, and at the levels used to do this it does no harm to plants (or humans). Indeed, plants need a small amount of chloride (just a binary form of chlorine), which is found naturally in most water and organic matter/soil anyway. Both chloride and chlorine are also naturally occurring AND ESSENTIAL chemicals in the human body.

Fluoride (as fluorine) is also occurs naturally in the soil, so plants are normally exposed to it anyway.

"You do know that a plant will break down even fully organic soil into raw chemical elements before absorbing them,"

Good point, dysfer, thanks for bringing it up. Any organic material in the growing medium is broken down into its basic INORGANIC chemical constituents, primarily by microbial action in the soil. It has to be before the plant can use it, as plants can only take up the inorganic form of nutrient chemicals.

Most organically supplied nitrogen initially comes in the ammonium form, and has to be converted into the nitrate form by the soil microbes before the plant can use much of it. Nitrogen in hydro ferts is almost all in the nitrate form to start with. Using the nitrate form cuts out the intermediate step of microbial conversion from ammonium to nitrate form, so you don't need to use an organic medium.

This is not to say that plants don't get some extra benefit from good organic mediums, just that the basic nutrient chemicals required by plants must be in the inorganic form, and so supplying them in that form in the first place is not going to hurt your plant. That is why I grow in a good organic medium, but use hydro (ie inorganic) ferts to supply the vast bulk of nutrients. Best of both worlds.

"Seeds that he got off a wild plant growing on a hillside [in Pakistan] with it's leaves in the sun, its roots in the soil and zero human intervention. U may have even smoked some. Plenty of the seeds over the years have been grown in and around Nimbin."

Exactly. Well said, MongyMan.

Cheers all.

BigBong.org, thanks for the information.

Are you just showing a vested interest thro your stance? :toke:

Your approach undermines your cause, you lose credibility, and reduce the chance of cannabis prohibition repeal (sativa, indica, ruderalis).

If that is the goal, well, it's still working.

Your soaring eagle is still on the pigcam mate :peace:

Have a good season, boys. lol

:peace:

Well said again EntyMan ,

lol

Um ... G'day BigBong ... I was wandering who you were referring to when you said "Lack of understanding"

:toke:

Do we have to repeat yet again what has been suggested throughout this thread?

:toke:

It would be very easy for you guyz to make a compromise to please all parties on this issue , I don't see why you cannot aknoweledge this. It is fine to have your own veiws and rules without demonizing someone elses.

No doubt you will agree that Ozstoners is a respectable site , with a positive community therein ... a very important part of the whole MJ issue I would think. After all is said and done about this subject , we are all after the same thing ... Freedom of one of the most magnificent plants on the planet and freedom of the people to make their own informed choices. :toke:

lol

Well , Thankyou for listening , and have a good weekend everyone o.k.

B)

Bye 4 Now

From Budman. :toke:

Webgreetings once more.

There is a lack of understand on my part. I can't understand which part of my understandings aren't getting through.

Taking it from the top…

H*E*M*P*Bar is a cannabis activist kiosk, we share the same building as the Nimbin H*E*M*P*Embassy. Both organizations are “hippy / alternative counter culture” in ethos. We only champion the natural methods of cannabis cultivation. We have all made the lifestyle choice to reject the consumer lifestyle, we left the cities behind to dedicate our lives to the counter culture and most of us come to rainbow region for reasons that aren’t ONLY cannabis.

I totally believe that all natural organic is preferable to manmade when it comes to plants, perhaps because I am old enough to remember when tomatoes weren't all round and smooth like they are to day, I remember how they used to taste when they were ugly and expensive to transport.

Also, when a joint comes around in the H*E*M*P*Bar, first question most of us ask is “is it a vegan?’ Which means does it only contain outdoor cannabis? We ask this non agressive question mostly to find out if the joint has hydro or tobacco in it, BTW, we are aware of the ‘dangers’ of tobacco smoking and we don’t recommend it either.

back to the debate... No one has yet to prove to me that a light bulb imitates the sun completely, unreasonable?

No.

Argueable? Not when the sun is compared to a mass produced man made item.

I understand that I am attacking Frankenstein Pot, I have known that from the start and I am attacking “Laboratory Pot” for more than one reason and when I attack “Hidden in the Closet Pot” in real life I always infer that its the commercial black market stuff that I abhor, call me square, but I don't trust the black market or big city criminals to do the right thing.

In real life I avoid having to mention the existence of the indoor hydroponic cannabis conundrum if possible. I totally believe the best way to remove/negate the indoor problem is to relegalize cannabis and remove it from the black market.

So I hope you can all understand that I open minded on Indica and that it isn’t extremely dangerous UNLESS ABUSED BY TEENAGERS and/or GROWN INDOORS by CRIMINALS for PROFIT. Indica doesn’t have the cannabinoids I need to combat my cancer and prevent new ones - like prostate- forming, and yes, I will agree that if properly grown and flushed, Indica can provide recreational euphoria in abundance.

No matter what I say from here on out, a number of individuals are going the think that I, Max Stone/BigBong am a *&%$#* and a *@%&* or a &^*%$#@ because I wouldn’t agree with them.

So be it.

I have tried, and will keep trying as best I can to explain the multiple reasons why we have taken our stance “in general”, the reasons why we will continue to ‘attack’ indoor hydroponic in our web site and verbally in the H*E*M*P*Bar.

For the record, our policy is NOT (and has never been) to violently throw people out the door by the scruff of the neck for smoking hydro in the H*E*M*P*Bar, (we reserve- tho rarely use - that priveledge for troublesome drunks) tho plenty of hempbar regulars will smell an opportunity to have the indoor vs outdoor debate. (1 example is this dude) no punches have ever been thrown in the H*E*M*P*Bar and we always end up peacefully agreeing to disagree.

Till next

Peace

;O)--~

Everything in your post is a mixture of stupidity and ignorance.

Please just fuck that disgraceful website off I've had enough of typing up intelligent debates for you people.

Getting any sort of intelligent, factual sort of debate as has been presented here in a 15 page report to actually sink in and then register in your brain seems to be a waste of time.

It's like talking to a brick wall. :bow: lol :toke:

The Nimbin Hemp bar stands alone then. And alone they will fucking fall I hope. BURN IN HELL NIMBIN.

Everything in your post is a mixture of stupidity and ignorance.

Please just fuck that disgraceful website off I've had enough of typing up intelligent debates for you people.

Getting any sort of intelligent, factual sort of debate as has been presented here in a 15 page report to actually sink in and then register in your brain seems to be a waste of time.

It's like talking to a brick wall. :bow: lol :toke:

The Nimbin Hemp bar stands alone then. And alone they will fucking fall I hope. BURN IN HELL NIMBIN.

thats not a very tolerant attitude.

you think its unreasoanble that society doesn't tolerate stoners even tho they disagree with it don't you?

do you expect others to act in a way which you do not?

but anyway, I agree with you in that this thread has run its course there is no point talking in circles and I for one am done with it. B)

ok I changed my mind, I do have one or two things I'd like to say in response to bigong's post.

I totally believe that all natural organic is preferable to manmade when it comes to plants

of course you do. you wouldn't be a hippy if you didn't.

the idea that natural is better just out of principle is illogical IMO and ignores history and the very logical reasons man made technology has taken over. Have a read of this thread bigbong.

besides, if you are such a proponent of the natural way of things wtf are you doing smoking a plant? there is nothing natural about that mate. what about the internet? buildings? electricity? hot water? I'm sure you incorporate all of these things into your daily life, and they are all completely unnatural. have a think about it.

There is no logic behind your stance, so you have to arbitrarily apply your standards of "naturalism" as it suits you. its a convenient outlook to have, but not very consistent, or logical.

No one has yet to prove to me that a light bulb imitates the sun completely, unreasonable?

well, its not unreasoanble, its just irrelavent. No one is trying to prove a light bulb can imitate the Sun perfectly, in fact if you didn't spend so much time ignoring the arguments that have already been made in this thread you would see that several people have stated the opposite.

Indica doesn’t have the cannabinoids I need to combat my cancer and prevent new ones - like prostate- forming

really, I'd be interested to know how you know this. because to me it sounds like nonsense.

I agree there are differences between the chemical composition of indica and sativa varieties but what suits you is nothing more than personal preference.

and if you have cancer, I hope you are seeing a Doctor about it. Had an Auntie that died of breast cancer because she believed in the "natural way". It was a real tragedy and she was lost to her family within 2 years when with surgery and chemo her expentency was much longer. Her widowed husband, also a hippy, who supported her at the time now says it is the biggest regret in his life that he didn't talk her into getting conventional treatment, as it would have given them at least a few more years together, who knows maybe many more.

I have tried, and will keep trying as best I can to explain the multiple reasons why we have taken our stance “in general”, the reasons why we will continue to ‘attack’ indoor hydroponic in our web site and verbally in the H*E*M*P*Bar.

yeah well, its a free country you can do what you like. Its not like Nimbin and the HEMP Bar have made any progress in law reform over the past 30 years. In fact the laws, and police pressure, have only got worse. wouldn't you agree? Does this track record over the past 30 years tend to indicate to you, bigbong, that the Nimbin hippy attitudes of how to go about cannabis law reform are effective, or ineffective? If I was approaching a problem, and hadn't come any closer to solving it after 30 years, I'd start to question my approach. But thats just me. :toke:

Edited by pipeman

i love the comment about power consumption for indoor growing and how that is bad for the environment...sure it is true in the sense fossil fuels like coal are burnt to generate most of our electricity, but not only can people choose an electricity company that only sells renewable energy, the computer you are reading this text on probably chews more power than a basic indoor grow room :(

although this has already been mentioned, when it comes to marijuana phycosis you really need to back away from the indicas lol first and formost sativa dominate strains, ie. haze have caused more mental issues than indica strains and in alot of cases are equally, if not more potent than an indica as well...secondly marijuana phycosis only rears its ugly head in the people that were genetically destined to get fucked in the head regardless of their drug consuption, it isnt caused by marijuana, marijuana simply speeds up how quick the mental illness shows itself B)

to be honest, you guys at the hemp bar are not hippies regardless of how much you want to be :) a hippy is meant to at one with nature and wether or not you like to admit it, your hemp bar uses electricity which is probably sourced from a coal based power plant, you produce waste in the forms of rubbish, water and using electricity when it isnt required and when it comes to consuming your favourite herb, there isnt a single method available that doesnt harm the environment in some way :) lighters need gas which means drilling in oceans, matches need wood which means trees get cut down and even if you decided to use a magnifying glass to light up your doobie, the tools that went into making that magnifying glass were run on electricty supplied most likely from a coal based power plant :(

you can say indicas are bad, hydro is bad, etc. but if you read right into it, regardless of the growing method, strain, if chemicals were used, etc. every growing method hurts the environment in some way, every toke we take hurts us and since we all have the same desire to see the cannabis family legal for our own personal use, we should be getting along instead of fighting :toke: but sadly with the way things are, the hemp bar is looking more like an enemy than a friend because of the blatent lies in their mission statement :bow:

one last thing before i give up on this thread yet again, do you guys think that even if you made it clear to politicians that outdoor growing was a-ok, but indoors was absolute evil, do you honestly believe they would make it legal to grow outdoors but keep it illegal for indoor growing? tell ya what that would make things interesting for growing a plant on the back step ;)