AdvancedNutrients vs Canna Vege/Flores vs CannaAQUA

If I use canna veg and canna flores for nutrients plus silika magic for the whole grow and then canna pk13-14 as well for flower....

Do I need anything else for the plants to survive and grow well? I have MICROBIAL as my water conditioner.

Do I need anything else..? I see you mention Rhizo?

Any help will be appreciated :whistle:

EDIT: I have another question too please., does adding microbial raise the pH at all? or lower it at all?

Edited by stonedstump

stonedstump you have more than enough for healthy plants.

Nutes + silica is ideal maby some rhizo when rooting and if you have or think you may get res problems try a friendly bacteria like canna zym.

I know many a person growing with nute only nobody complains. silica helps keeping them healthy and tends to reduce overfeed, bugs harming plant health and if foliar sprayed ok as a mould inhibitor.

Rhizo / root booster doesnt noticably make plant healthier but keeps roots happy and growing fast why its used in clones and veg.

Microibal did knock my plants around alittle, dont use uless you have a root/ res problem, it will kill any friendly bacteria built up or in additives. BTw Microbial did do a good job at killing bugs in the pot a few days later i had many dead bugs in waste tray. :whistle:

I know many ppl hate these things, but i like to use the little fungarid packets once a fortnight after i flush my coco. I put 2 packets into a 10ltre watering can and do 5 ltres per plant. I should mention that I have a run to waste system so it gets flushed out. Bout six months ago my plants didn't seem to be growing and hydro shop guy suggested i used fungarid and they perked up and started growing again the next day. I may of had some root rot or something like that. I havn't used it in a while tho as i've started using Oxy-Plus. Plants in Coco seem to love it. The pump comes on twice a day and I put in 2ml into the 60ltr tub after every feed (rather than into my 200ltr barrel). A lot of ppl hate OxyPlus too or are afraid of it. I was for a while cos i know you can kill ur plants with it. I fuct up my plants with it once because I started using it when the plants were too young. But there is an immediate notice in plant health and vigor when I use it. The plants look much happier and immediately grow faster. Silica is great too.

om

Edited by BentBuddha

okay thanks for your help guys :yahoo:

you said not to use microbial unless I have problems thc24?? I thought it's meant to be put in with your water to keep it clean?

1mL for every 2L it says to put in. I've seen other people mention it before. Maybe I should of bought oxyplus come to think of it now I'm not sure??

Have I made the right choice purchasing microbial it cost me bloody $35 for the bottle?

Has anyone ever used the following products all in together with one another:

Microbial

Canna Vege

Silica Majic or DM silica

then for flower

Microbial

Canna Flores

Canna PK13-14 (only after 2 or 3 weeks in to flower)

Silica Magic or DM silica

Is canna products suited to hard water? I think my water will be hard when I test it but my truncheon has not arrived yet. I think it will be hard water though when I test it as my Ph is already at 8.

I can't make up my mind what to buy.. should I get advanced nutrients sensi grow and bloom or canna vege and flores? Please help.

..Or something else perhaps? I have looked at flairforms 'hard water' nutrient mix and I dont like the sound of it, there is hardly any calcium or maganese etc and I dont want deficiencies later on in my grow that would be heartbreaking.

HELP PLEASE :whistle: :toke:

The reason Hard Water solutions have an altered formulation is because some of the nutrition that plants require is already available in this kind of water. It certainly helps to find out about exactly what's in your tap water though.... The best source (easiest and cheapest, i.e. no $) to find out about your waters make up is the water authority in your state. Ask them to email you a spec sheet on the water which comes from your catchment, which is information they often give out and is easy to obtain with a phone call.

I would point out to thc that cannazym is not a bacterial innoculant, but an enzyme mixture. There is a difference.

To be quite honest don't bother with canna nutes unless you're really happy with them. There is little to justify their exorbitant prices quite frankly. If you're at all concerned about making sure you have all the nutrition available I'd just go with any typical Part A+B nutrient although the 1 parts like Dutch Treat (for hard and salty water) and Greendream and Growth Tech's Ionic do give good results.

Microbial is one of those things that can be great or can cause troubles. Some strains don't appear to like it. Some could care less and grow very well with it. Coco growers in particular are fond of it I've found, due to the protection it affords against fungus gnats. It is good, but if you use it you won't be able to use any bacterial or fungal innoculants (which give distinct help to plants). It's good, but it's only one of many sanitation solutions out there.

If you want a simple but effective mix I'd recommend the following:

Any A+B liquid nutrient or a good One Part.

Silica (silikamajik is cheaper in the long run but you may prefer budlink as it doesn't change pH as much as sm can initially.... Not that it really matters...)

Biobugs as a bacterial and fungal innoculation added at least 1/2 hour after using any sterilant like oxyplus or pythoff

And PK additive of some kind (once again, canna is waaaay overpriced in this type of additive) for use in certain weeks of the flowering period.

You can certainly grow with just a basic grow and bloom nutrient if you like, but there is so much information backing up PK and other things like Biobugs that you will certainly get an advantage from it. There is certainly something to be said for keeping it simple, but when something proves itself time and time again, you've got to ask yourself why you wouldn't use something that gave you an advantage.

Hello Luke

Instead of ringing up i'll wait for my truncheon to arrive I think. That will give me a good idea. Do you mean just ring the council and ask them?

You say Microbial is good however....,,I quote..

"It is good, but if you use it you won't be able to use any bacterial or fungal innoculants (which give distinct help to plants)"

What do you mean by this statement please? I thought microbial was a root zone treatment to prevent disiese and promote healthy root growth?

Please correct me here as I need to know these things.

I have been researching nutrients last night and it seems Flairform Greendream is the strongest nutrient out there by far.

One of the reasons for this is that it has around double the amoutn of potassium then anything else including advanced nutrients. (This is going by AN and Flairforms own analysis) BUT it also has quite larger amounts of everything else (Slightly less nitrogen though however)

It seems Dutchmaster is piss weak so I forgot about them.

Canna dont even provide an analysis and for $35 i'm not buying it unless I know how much is in it and what is in it.

Advanced nutrients seem good, BUT what worries me is that Flairform has more sulphur and phosphate which I think is quite important. ALSO Flairform has Boran whereas AN does not even have it.

As I said Flairform has a huge amount of potassium though so can you (luke) or anyone else on here give me advice here?

If I use flairform do I need a PK additive still or will using silica which has potassium as well be enough potassium?

OR If I use AN sensi then does anyone know if the amount of sulphur and phosphate is enough for cannabis to grow well without any problems?

There seems to be ALOT of misinformation going around so let's try and get the facts about these products right and the first way is by everyone discussing them I guess.

:whistle: Finally someone who is fussier about nutes than I am. However, I admit I can be over board. Mullies will grow out of sand in a crack of concrete so I wouldnt' stress too much. I think the other fella was refering to products like AN pirana and turantula. They are healthy bacteria etc for the roots. Fantastic products. I havn't used them myself as I"m in between changing my system, but I know someone who does and his plants love the shit. Especially young ones and clones. When I change my medium to fytocell which gives roots excellent oxygen, then I won't be using oxyplus anymore and I can use pirana and turantula. With all this time you've spent trying to decide, you could of had ur plants up and running :yahoo:

om

:whistle: Yeah I'm still waiting for other things to arrive so I have about one more week to research my nutrients.

I am very fussy yes, I like to research everything before buying it, this goes for anything I buy pretty much. :yahoo:

Please if anyone out there can answer some of my questions up above there I would much appreciate it.

Also has anyone ever actually tried out Flairform nutrients at all?

Particularly Flairform GreenDream.

If so please tell me about your experience with it and what kind of yield you saw from your plants (please also include system type,light and strain). :toke:

Thanks again everyone I hope a few of you can give me your opinons on this matter.

I try to manage in an indoor gardeners shop and advanced nuts are very good feedbackwise , dutch master is out , canna chems is overpriced but they have been v smart getting the organics out properly! , Flairform one part now called greendream is a great nut , the king of one parts and friends have used it and the reults were big and tasty!!!!!!

another pop one is hydromino coco , the info coming in in SA is it works very well including the rest of the range , Worm Juice is great ,

"Bio juice" is an aussie invention and is a a real deal CERTIFIED ORGANIC additive , many have been using this with 25-50% chems and have been blown away by results ,

\

all the hype about foliars cost everyone for the products , folitech is expensive crap watered down ingredients and poisonous , the penetrator ingredient is "ammonical Nitrogen" the only chem that cannot be leached from plants with water! and the result of that often heard comment " oh god this is that chemmie tasting hydge fark,,,,,,cough cough " to them I say smoke black Hash not smoko that leaves black ash,,,,,,,,,,,,

Double up -expensive toxic YUK and the labels say 100% organic :scratchin: , maybe the labels are,,,,,,,,,

Bio juice is mad at 5mls a litre as foliar , folitech 60ml a litre of at least two components , what a rip off!!!! none buys it and we even had to send back the giveaways!!!!!

The gotta grow crew (AN dist in AUS)are in sa now and are top blokes ,very cool, generous and everyone who has used the program is very impressed from old school "I mix me own powders" oldboys to newies that have scoured the net for the latest performance info,

Urbangrower.com is excellent for hilarious grow vids , my fav is the "extreme grow room makeover show" remo is cool whilst being an ounce a day medical marijuahna patient!!!! ! and AN are the only company sponsoring medical marijuahana patients and research into getting buds that help heal beings not give them cancer(superbud/rock etc)

I'd love to see this site do a version of these show for aus !!!!!!!!!!!!! the humour here is infectious

Edited by Elf ex planet hairy