AdvancedNutrients vs Canna Vege/Flores vs CannaAQUA

Hello again :peace:

Which do you think is the best out of the following for a DWC setup?

-Advanced nutrients Sensi Grow and Bloom (2 parts each)

-Canna Vege and Canna Flores (2 parts each)

-Canna AQUA Vege and Flores (2 parts each)

or

-Flairform Grow and Bloom (1 part each)

-Dutch maste one grow and one bloom (1 part each)

Which of the above would best suit my needs do you think? Any advice is appreciated :thumbsup:

I want the biggest buds possible (of course) :peace:

Thanks

I'm a big fan of advanced nutes. I was using Canna before that, and canna makes great stuff also. The canna coco range has fulvic and humic acids added to them which is a bonus. I however choose to put my own in with my Advanced Nutes. Either of those two brands will make ur plants grow well. As for DutchMaster, i think it's poo. And every hydroshop that i've been into when asked for their opinion has told me the same. I had a mate who was using it and I was using canna at the time and his plants looked very average. He changed to advanced and they took off. I tried advanced after seeing that and noticed a slight improvement over canna. I suppose what system ur using could make a diff. I have a run2waste in coco. I'm changing to Fytocell medium for my next crop as i put one plant in it and it's outperformed the others in coco.

om

Thanks for the replies so far :peace:

Okay I have removed dutchmaster from my personal list now. You are not the first person to say they are bad either.

I'm thinking I might go with advanced nutrients as they are the same price as canna but I have heard much more about them.

What's the difference between advanced nutrients grow and bloom and the advanced nutrients SENSI grow and bloom?

Then there is the micro pack from them as well? I think the micro pack only needs to be added when you dont use the SENSI grow and bloom?

Any advice is appreciated :thumbsup:

biggest prob with AN is you can't get the full range in Oz, i know a few peeps who tried it but switched cuz of lack of range. Canna is good but most important thing when it comes to nute selection imho is your water source. hard and soft, r/o, tap or filtered makes a big difference...

I usually use canna vega/flores but have got some canna aqua to try just recently, it's supposedly more suited to medium to hard water.

also i've found with dwc and canna most strains wont get above 1200-1400ppm and i almost always have to add epsom salts to supplement the mg.

peace

c

Advanced Nutrients is a relatively new company while canna is an older company with an established reputation. Both seem to put out quality products. I haven't tried any AN products.

I always used canna in DWC both because it produced good results and it mixes in very clean (no residue).

If I had to choose for my first DWC I'd try canna aqua, as its specifically designed for use in water cultures, and also cause its got a cool little measuring thing as part of the bottle. Hard to explain but you'll know what I mean when you see it... :peace:

Yeh, like I said, both AN and Canna are great products. AN is just my personal preference. I chose it because I read on their website that every nute is individually chelated, whereas with canna they do it collectively, and as far as I know, they only do it with the coco range (by adding humic and fulvic acid). But dont' quote me on it, I havn't looked a great deal into it. Also I found canna to be overpriced and recently I heard they went up another 10%. Perhaps cashing in on the their 'best nutes' rep that they've had for so long. My hydro shop guy tells me AN is now the biggest selling hydro product in the world now so hopefully canna makes their prices in line with everyone else. As for the micro, that's the 3 part, as aposed to the 2 part nutes. They've only just got it in at my store so when my nutes run out i'll be grabbing some of that. Probably won't make a huge diff over the 2 part (my plants are currently as healthy and happys as they could possibly be) but i've heard it's slightly better so can't do any harm.

om

Edited by BentBuddha

I didnt realise canna coco had fulvic/ humic acid, i know they sell sepperate. do may have to cancel order..

Canna works well with tap or RO water, with RO 1ml pl of trace mix will replace what the RO took out.

Hessi and Hygen and General Hydro are some more nutes id like to try in future.

Atm canna seems to be the go full range avaliable everywhere, a bit pricey and going up in near future . shop at right shop in 5lt and that softens the blow. Always buy Rhizo and zym in small bottles better when fresh.

Ive had a few problems with rhizo after 9 months, still does its job well just changed colour and became thick and took ages for bubbles to clear after a shake.