Outdoor 06/07. :)

hey guys,

started off this years grow under the 400w 4 days ago, they have all now sprouted.

i started them under 15/9 so i didnt have such a sudden decrease before i have to put them outdoors.

how slowly should i reduce the light cycle to the same as ooutdoor before i put them out ?

anyone reply asap, i fell behind schedule last year and i dont want it to happen again.

ta

When I moved my outdoor babies inside under a light just to test my light out, I changed it 'cold turkey' you could say.

They responded well and were three times the size within a week or two.

This is my own personal experience, please don't do this and blame me if they die. :peace:

Cya

EDIT: I'm now officially Outta My Head! (200 posts) woooohooooooo could not be more spot on :thumbsup::peace:

Edited by stonedstump

I do the same as stonedstump, I don't bother matching up the light hours but just throw them outside. I've never had any plants that responded poorly, all survived and grew well. I've considered trying to sync the light times together but I'm lazy and forgetful. I've heard that doing this does shock them slightly so I feed them with a worm/fish tonic during transplanting, it seems to keep them from freaking out. Edited by Rhizo

scale it down by an hour a day until you match the sun cycle.

All plants have a tendency to flower once you put them outside no matter what time of year and what you had the light cycle on. Just the way it is. Hopefully though if you put them out at the right time they'll revert to veg in a couple of weeks and grow into monsters. good luck mate :thumbsup:

hey, yeh ill get some pics up soon. whats an ideal temp for my grow room ? its currently 28 degrees.. i live down in vic, i hope to put them outdoors start of sept..

what size area will i need to dig out to replace with good dirt ? the more the merrier eh ? :thumbsup:

my mate got some 9ft monsters last year & i hope to top that this year.. i plan to take clones from the plants im starting off, then put the clones outdoor when there big enough..

cheers

:peace:

G'day HailtheBud ,

Hope your well.

Never grown more than about a 7 footer myself (In season) , but then I haven't had enough practice :peace:

If you in VIC I assume It's a bit chilly to say the least.

I would think If you have already grown your plants a few feet tall indoors , then you could put them out as late as early november , and still grow 10 footers or more. :o

But ... I've never grown in Victoria. : )

Could you maybe tell us a bit more about your growing situations indoors and outdoors?

So We could get a better idea Of the potential. :bang:

Sounds very interesting. :)

O.k. , I'll seeya round tha joint man. Cheerz. :thumbsup:

hey budman,

i currently got them under a 400w in a cupboard, ill have some pics up soon.

ill prolly keep the plants under the lights alot longer then expected and put them out a little lateer round october.. :peace:

outdoors, all i can say is its in the middle of a wetlands. reeds about 4ft tall for about 2km each side. It gets perfect light all day. It isnt full swampy wetlands either, but none the less it has its swampy spots.

I have about 16 seeds under lights, 2 x white skunk, 2 x skunk #1, & the rest bagseed. :peace:

Jus' don't forget to label them. :peace: hehe

Hey allhail, great to see your growing. Sounds like it's going to be a cracker (lets hope it goes Off like one!). Starting indoors and putting out has always worked well for me, though they usually stay in pots and don't get the full season (and then some) like your ones will, can't wait to see some pics.