No growth

I'd say that potting mix is just one of them that you can buy from Bunnings in a bag.

When I used soil to grow ages ago I found this pile of dirt out the front of this guys house, I stuck a Ph tester in it and it was perfect so I asked if I could buy some and they gave me some. I only used this after using the seedling mix on the plants previously. The plants loved that seedling mix and then when they hit the rich soil they took off. I wouldn't use that stuff that Bunnings etc stock, I also hear these mixes are bad for insects.

hey there mate if i was you i would continue on with the first post you made instead of starting a new one about the same issue not trying to be a smart ass but you already had 3 replys in that thread no need to start a new one

hope all goes well and ya seedling starts kicking again

Good quality potting mix is good, it's the cheap brands you want to avoid. Look for the quality ticks on the side, these indicate it has supplimentary fertiliser and also conforms to certain standards for drainage and composition.

Just about any potting mixture can benefit by the incorporation of some perlite though. :guitar:

Almost any soil, unless heat treated, will have insects in or around it, or will attract them. This is part of the biosphere which makes soil work. It's when the pest insects get a hold that real problems occur. In places like bunnings you'll frequently have large amounts of soil bought at once, and then stored for a long period of time. Never a good idea. That and they're also often stored near potted plants, which will then allow pests to find the bagged mixes. :xcited:

It's very hard to effectively flush soil. You can give it a good go, but I think it's unlikely to be the fundamental cause of the problems in this case. Check the pH of the soil using a SOIL pH test kit. This will let you know if you need to add lime or sulphur to adjust it. This adjustment will take time though, as it has to break down. You can use builders lime for a quicker fix, but this stuff can be quite harmful if added in too large amounts, whereas dolomite or garden lime is practically impossible to overdo... (you still can though, so follow the directions and under-do rather than over-do, and wait for a couple of weeks to have a good idea whether it's made a significant difference.)

I have a feeling it's as pure has said though, that it's consolidating it's development and should take off in time. As quiz show hosts are so fond of saying... "More information please?" :thumbsup: