Am i Impatient? lol...

Gday guys (n gals!),

Ok, so some background first, these forums are awesome, n i've been reading them for months, just havn't posted anything...:thumbsup:... but been reading everything (well...almost everything!) Anyways, I got some seeds Lowryder, Early Special, and Free CELTIC STONE!!! from PS, awesome delivery time, free awesome strain, great communication, highly recomended! :whistle: anyways, I got the seeds, decided to hatch 5 LR's, out of 5, 4 cracked within 36 hours, so i put them in soil (i decided to transplant em to my soil, before the taproot showed, is this ok?) My soil is ...haha, if i was a plant, i'd be in heaven... It's the lightest fluffiest mix of 1/3rd perlite, 2/3rds organic seedling/clone raising mix. I have 5 pots set up, (4 with seeds in em) that are 1.2L, they're under at the moment 4 15Watt CFL's (my setup has a capacity of 9 CFL's. And one seed still in paper towel in a ceramic cup. I started the germination process 11pm tuesday or wednesday night? haha, im sorry but i duno.. And as already mentioned 4 cracked within a day n a half, and were put in the pots immediately about a half inch (2cm) down. They've been under 18/6 light since then, and no sprouts? The temps in the G/R are a constant 25, with nice air circulation. Just wondering how long it takes for them to bust thru the surface of the soil? Im kinda paraniod that i killed them caus the temps in there at one stage dropped to like 8 degrees, so i swithed up the light cycle to night time on. Any help/advice/info would be greatly appreciated. Hope my other seed cracks sometime today.. I still have hope for the 4 in the pots, just have no idea how long it takes from germination to sprouting (and couldn't find it anywhere on the net). Thanks guys, sorry for the HUGE post, my next one's will be smaller! haha... Later lol :doh:

hey bud sounds like you're on the right track.

it can take seeds a couple weeks to pop up. Just keep em moist but not drenched and between 25-30 degrees if you can.

whatever you do don't dig in there to see how they're doing you might damage the tap root. and you should keep your light on 24/7 until they sprout IMO (even after they sprout)

haha....a couple weeks?! OMGS! :thumbsup:... haha, naah, just messin. Awesome, so everything's sweet...yea, i was thinking about just doing the 24 hours on thing, i just increased temps to around 26/27 so that should help :whistle: a couple weeks eh?...even for lowryder, it's got a (apparent) lifespan of like a month and a half. But yea, my first grow, so every little thing im double and tripple checkin, im sure you know how it is! :doh: thanks again for your quick reply lol Later. lol

Hey wantdachronic,

Yeah, my growroom i think anyways is pretty sweet, it's different from everyone else's ive seen in that i wanted it to be stealthy, stealthy meaning the lights/fans etc are all connected to a false roof inside the grow box which can be removed in about 2 seconds. and the exhaust fan another 2 secs, Anyways, yeah, my first time growing and i wana try Lowryder, i've heard alot of mixed opinions on it so i cant wait to try it for myself, Basically at the moment im lookin to have a sacrificial grow to just get a heap of seeds, then gona just grow sensimilla LR outdoors, but start em inside. And use my growbox for cloning/seedlings and a Celtic Stone mum, but that's goin outside too, so i gota wait till spring for it, same with the early special. So, just Lowerder atm. Hope that helps, i'll see if i can get some pics up soon. Later. :thumbsup:

unless you wish to get into breeding, making seeds imo is a complete waste of time and bud :whistle: you have already said you are going to get into cloning so i would just keep a cutting of each plant as a mum untill you find the one you wish to keep and use all the spare cuttings you have to flower straight away to give you some fast and free smoko :thumbsup:

hehe, Yeah i agree...and that's exactly what i plan on doing with the CS and ES, but the LR has a lifespan of like a month and a half, no veg state with auto-flower, so it's impossible not to mention impractible (howeva ya spell that word) to use a mum n clones for Lowryder, a definate drawback to the strain in my books. :thumbsup: Im thinking if i get more then 2 gals i sensimilla any more, and let 2 go to seed. Seems a waste, but there aint much more i can do with LR. Seems like a great strain for SOG tho. which im planning on doing outside, but yeah, from seeds is it's only way of gettin it happenin. Later :whistle:

lol, Unless u want pics of lovely dirt? haha...you may have to wait a fair while! :doh: the seeds cracked 2 days ago, and this is my first grow, so no idea how long it's gona take for em to sprout? :thumbsup: ... hopefully tomorrow?! but i think that's just being hopeful... I'll take pics when they sprout :whistle:

:thumbsup:, Unless u want pics of lovely dirt? haha...you may have to wait a fair while! lol the seeds cracked 2 days ago, and this is my first grow, so no idea how long it's gona take for em to sprout? :whistle: ... hopefully tomorrow?! but i think that's just being hopeful... I'll take pics when they sprout :doh:

pics of your system would go down a treat in the mean time lol