Drink makers find cannabis is their cup of tea

RITUALS associated with drinking tea are typically rituals of relaxation. In Britain, workers will take a break for a "mornin' cuppa".

So, when a group of entrepreneurs bought the rights to sell a drink made with tea and cannabis in the UK, it could have been the perfect opportunity for marketing a product guaranteed to make consumers zone out.

Instead, C-Ice is concentrating on what it claims are its health properties. "The health angle is by far the most interesting one for us," says Harinder Kohli, C-Ice's UK commercial director.

Kohli says C-Ice can boost the immune system as a result of the vitamins, minerals, omega oils and amino acids found in cannabis. The drink, sold in orange cardboard containers, contains cannabis sativa syrup, water, sugar, lemon juice, lemon flavouring, black tea extract and ascorbic acid. The THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive substance found in the cannabis plant, has been removed.

C-Ice is targeting its distribution through health food stores and bars but has already found favour among sufferers of multiple sclerosis. Members of the Milton Keynes Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Group have been drinking two 250ml containers of C-Ice a day for the past three months.

Managing director of the group Roz Heredia says it has helped to relieve leg pains and spasms, as well as insomnia.

Author: Jenny Wiggins

Date: June 28, 2006

Source: The Australian

Copyright: The Australian.

:scratchin:

:toke:

heh , Reminds me of The Simpsons Episode where Homer finds out his middle name and helps out makin' "Hippy Juice". :yahoo: hehe. :toke:

Seriously Tho , I would love to try this drink with or without THC (oviously with is better :thumbsup: ) ,

For I believe it would most definately Have good Medicinal Qualities and even with no Thc I wouldn't Mind Havin' an MJ Juice with my cones , instead of coffee or beer all the time (p.s. yes I drink water , just not while I'm Smokin')

I'll be keepin an eye on the Health Food stores now tho and may even make some enquiries. B)

Till then , I guess , Is then. :toke: Budman ... Out :xcited:

Thx for the info Frazzle. :scratchin:

:applause:

I thought it was wormwood in absinthe, not thc.

anyway, the absinthe you get in Australian doesn't even have wormwood in it.

I've drunk the real absinthe, first and only time I had a complete memory blackout. The last thing I remember we were pouring absinthe over sugar cubes. I can remember at least 3 shots, the rest is a total blank... :thumbsup: