Trim or Not to Trim?

Hello

I just hung up my plant that I had growing in the bush.

I soaked it in water first to get rid of little spiders that were on it (not spidermites but these wierd little spiders light in colour sort of whitish) they didn't seem to be doing the plant harm and they have been on it the whole time.

Anyway they all drowned and I was quite happy indeed.

I shook the plant off and layed it on newspaper for a little while and then hung it up with a fan on low speed blowing it and twirling it around slowly.

That got most excess moisture off and I plan to now leave it hanging in a spare room for 2 weeks or until snap dry.

I will then do a lock down on the buds until precious bacteria eats all the shit away and the buds are ready to smoke!

My question is:

Should I trim the excess leaves off the plant or will leaving them on for the next 2 or so weeks help the buds grow a little bit more?

Or will it not matter either way? Anyone experimented with this before?

Thank you.

The buds wont grow anymore now treestump mate. You can trim those leaves and it might speed up the drying process. Or leave them on and pull them off by hand when crispy. Some might dry down over your bud sort of protecting it b4 manicure. Enjoy the fruits mate :scratchin:

Its probably to late to Trim of the leaves with scissors as the leaves shrival up over the buds within about 10 hours of pulling them out. Id say you will have to pull off the leaves once dry, In my opinion this takes a lot longer than trimming.

Dam I hate trimming took me and a mate 8 hours straight to do 2.4pound had blisters on my thunb and fingers from the scissor action :scratchin:

:thumbsup:

Gday , Treestump , Hope Your well ,

Personally I dont think It matters too much , Just get rid of the Big Shitty Fan leaves.

I guess I'm a little fussy and like to have nice bag of reosanably presentable buds.

So I just get rid of the Big Leaves (And their juicy stems) , and hang em'(EDIT: the budz) upsidedown out of the heat and light.

When they are nearly 100% dry (Dont want 100% dry b4 curing IMO) , all the smaller leaves should all break off really easily (From the main stems if Ur careful) , I find this a little easier than tryin' to get in there and remove all the leaves with scissors (Without Damaging the bud). :scratchin:

(Also , Be very careful about wetting your buds , then trying to dry them . I've seen to many mouldy disasters. I believe also, why most people don't water their plants on the last couple of days is to keep moisture to the minimum)

:applause:

Well thats my rant gone on long enough so , Good Luck :yahoo:

Remeber , Its just advice , Im sure You'll be fine anyway o.k. :toke:

:toke: Budman ... Out. :xcited:

Edited by Budman2012

Thanks for the replies everyone :scratchin:

I have now trimmed the leaves off so another week or two and my buds will be ready to cure I reckon.

I had to soak it in water after picking it to get rid of the spiders.

Lucky for me in that regard the buds arent those massive ones you see, the biggest bud (the crownie at the top) would weigh probably 3 grams when it's dried, so I reckon ill get about a quarter dried from this plant.

Thanks again for your replies everyone, I'll post in here to say how much I get off it in about 2 weeks I start curing.

it's not a hermie and I didn't harvest too early.

It is a plant from a seed I dropped and have never watered it once or given any nutrients. It grew and flowered naturally and I let it go for weeks (didn't count but over a month) and when the hairs were 70% brown I harvested.

It has almost dried out now and I will be manicuring and putting all the buds into a glass spice jar.

It's amazing how nice they look, they have nice little white crystals all over leaves and buds. I love how well it turned out for a wild plant.

I will let you all know when I have finished curing (prob around 6 weeks) and i'll have a smoke of it and let you all know how it goes, I might have a digital camera and have a photo of the finished product by then too.

-stonedstump-