Grow Op in Brisbane

Hi all, i have seeds ready to plant, and i've only been in aussie for the last 3 months, so i'm not yet familiar with the weather here. I understand it's winter here now, so i'm worried if i plant my seeds they'll flower as soon as they pop up, which will happen if there's still a 12/12 natural light cycle. so when would be a good month to plant? any help would be appreciated, Thanks all, peace

dude007 :peace:

:peace:

How many seeds do you have? If you have enough to experiment with try a few right now. Especially if, like everest said, you could grow 'em inside for a while then transplant them. Winter days are warm and sunny here - T-shirt weather by 10:00am, I think it can work. Ideally you would greenhouse them or wait until spring, though. :peace:

According to www.worldweather.org the lowest mean temperature is 9.5oC in July. Last nights low was 16.6oC.

It can get as cold as 4oC. The cold will slow the growth but I don't think will kill it. :peace:

Any ideas?

yeah man you have to watch the rains as well if your going outdoors. anywhere south of bundabrg avoids monsoonals, but the weather is freaky this year. i would reccomend you turn the lights of on your plants for 2 days, and then give them three days of reduced lighting. this triggers most strains to flower although some can be tricky. you should know a few things also, roo's, goats, horses, cows, possums, wombats and dogs will fucking dig up your plants. do not use to much blood and bone or the dogs will definetely find it. dig a big pit and through two pilchards (bait fish) in the bottom and turn your plant so that the width of it crosses the direct path of the sun. grow on northerly facing hills. watch for mobile police choppers, rangers and mrs mangles. oh yeah and dont forget the snakes. have fun!

thanks guys, wow, grayhairs, :peace: that post can sure be discouraging to some, :peace: snakes and stuff, but no matter it doesn't bother me.. i won't be using blood or bone, i've heard they can be bad for you... i'll be usin organic fertilizer, most likely from the geniuses at www.advancednutrients.com

these cool dudes design their stuff specifically for pot plants, and i've used their stuff before, works great.

" anywhere south of bundabrg avoids monsoonals, " what did you mean by that? we don't have monsoons here, right? that's in india... unless you mean somethin else?

" dig a big pit and through two pilchards (bait fish) in the bottom " you mean to say i should bury two fish under where i'll be planting? what....i never heard of that before.. anyway i guess it'll be a few months before it'll be good for growin outdoors, cause i'd like them to get as big as they can (topped into bushes of course) to get a worthwile yield.

Guest SOMEONE

dude

imo advanced is up the shit too expensive

too many additives (optional)

too many things too go wrong

i used to swear by them

but imo nothing great about them

i achieve the same yield with exteme and potash only

another thing to think about at the moment is

light intencity = bud density

i find at this time of year light fluffy buds

and purple cold stems

happy growing

take care and peace out

s

Just curious , ive seen you here before your canadian right ? its like if you want to grow outdoors somewhere thats kool , but you should study the particular landscape and area that your proposing to grow in thoroughly otherwise your wasting your time , if your growing in your backyard the comments made about animals other than the odd dog or snake wouldnt apply and you can grow in relative ease other than worrying about kids and pesky neighbours right ? yep , its good to be that familiar with an area that you know what people go there what types of people and what times , off course you can never be sure of this but a rough idea is what ya need ., yep north facing hills other wise they could be in the dark , water supply is a good thing too a creek or a spring . I thought blood and bone was organic , unless you want your plants to be vegetarians ?? A good spot takes time , abit like searching out where the weed is in a new town , i think a cupboard would be best for you bro , but i wish you well .

good luck dude