cloning for beginners.. Rock wool.

Thanks pure, got a couple of pics/days to come until rooted,

was not intended for comp but why not thanks how do i enter?

is not written well though but covers the basics.

cloning in my early days was very primitive cut and stickin cube no hormones 50% success i was happy at the time. But after a bit of help from sites like this and experimenting and tagging cuts ive managed to come up with a basic mostly 100% success rate way of cloning for me anyway that pumps out consistant healthy cuts ready for hps in days from rooting..

Alot of people including myself had issues with rockwool cloning, i even went to coco and then aero. Coco is on par with RW but needs even less water with mild nutes from 3rd day to stop yellowing days after root and aero was just a pain in the arse. RW anyone can use in any setup when used correctly is unbeatable.

:yahoo: gday :scratchin:

Day 6 or 7.. check for moisture in cubes use scales if your finding it hard if i dought add 10ml if it runs out of cube dont water again until rooted. All vents are fully opened today to harden up a bit and crid lid was removed to breath for 5 min, becareful dont walk away as they can wilt if done to early. Crib is pretty warm when checked i had to chech if id turned heater on was just heat from light and water in base.

Pics from day seven No roots yet

This pic prolly isnt needed but its now 7 whole days since removing from plant, They where checked again today 3 days since watering and opening vents half way. Moisture in cubes was still high so no need to water but i did need to add more water to crib tray about 500ml plain water this time. Think i will wait for first cubes to root to start foliar feeding about half of the cuts have grown a few new nodes about 1cm growth this is a sign all is good and roots are not far away with 3/4days but we will see. If you wanted ive done before foliar feed from day 3 no chance of yellowing from no food.

Cuts are all healthy i used cocktal spikes to support but they where only there for the first 3 days and never really needed them but makes for straight cuts.

post-5631-1143561003_thumb.jpg

:scratchin: :yahoo: dAY 9 :( :(

First cube rooted,

Cube should be planted into a cup of coco or into larger rock wool to keep roots healthy.

One cut is showing slight yellowing maby got too much water or is rooted and wants food, experimenting here so i fed it plain R/O water if its hungry yellowing should get worse.

Soon as roots are visable foliar spray with weak nute and start rizo in to feeds still around 15/20 ml per cube until in coco/bigger RW.

This cut will be kept for a mum if is stays healthy and grows well.

post-5631-1143723714_thumb.jpg

ladies and gents, BB strain has rooted well pic below shows about the stage where id plant into set up or coco cups for preveg .

WR strain is slower for some reason no roots as yet but one or two have grown abit.

Around 10 days is agood time frame to see roots but it seems strain related too, the rhino is slow at most things including veg and onset of flowers. BB is the fast grower in this stable. One WR is showing signs of yellowing must have got too wet as its not responding to the foliar feed i gave it but got worse telling me that it was overwatered i dried her a but by sitting cube on asorbent paper for a few minutes. ill give a pic later to see the resulting damage this cut will not be used for anything maby a give away for OD grow.

post-5631-1143885946_thumb.jpg

12 DAY

All but three cubes are rooted well, the three behind seem to be wettest and of Rhino strain. Looking back i think 500ml of water in base of crib made for too much moisture what ive done in the past to raise humidity was to add two large rock wool cubes wet in with rooting cuts from day 1. I should of have had a humidity metre in crib around 80%RH would be ideal inside crib with all vents closed .

When lid was removed today within seconds leaves curled up slightly a sign that some cuts still needed the protection and humidity, Today i will remove lid twice for five minutes, three/ four times tomorrow and if they look ok leave it off.

Rooted cuts have been planted into coco in insulated foam cups, clear BEER cups are abit bigger and better suited if cuts are spending a week or more in Preveg but need to be covered with plastic or paper to keep light out preventing green mould through roots.

A couple of pics showing the repot and yellowing of Rhino cut, BB looks very good. Hmmmmm

WR isnt getting worse as far as i can tell, This often happens to my cuts soon as they hit the coco and nutes they repair themselves. ONly one cause overwatering so i still have a way to go before i master RW cloning.

I like to kEep it simple and compact so RW is the go for me and my future cloning.

Ive done another batch of HP cuts from cuts of seed plant all are 100% sexed now, i ended up with 3 good growing FEms worth flowering . Flower room is just about full so i will veg HP for 2 months cutting back clone again and try to fit into next grow for there grow off against BB.

Happy cloning peoples

i

post-5631-1143962776_thumb.jpg

Nice Write up Thc24

as for how you enter the FAQ comp all you have to do is submit one in the GROW FAQ section

You just click the link to GROW FAQ at the top of each page , and then you click on the link that says ADD NEW TUTORIAL

fill out the info there and you all done

for your images , to diplay what you do is use an image tag , for example

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...-1143962806.jpg

is the current location of your final attached image ,

you put that inbetween two image tage like in the bellow example and the image will show up in that spot

Link%20to%20image%20%5B%20/img%5D

and thats it ,

If your having trouble finding the location of your images by right clickign and viewing the image properties just upload them to a gallery and then it will be easy to find the image location and link to it

With this one I am happy to do the image side of things if you just put in all the text in and actually Create the FAQ

thanks Pure i will give it a go. Ill PM you if i have dramas with the pics but on the format do i need to post all pics and text in one post or simular to what i did here. Ill have a look at how others have done theres, got some free hours tonight so ill make a start now.

One more post soon showing finished healthy cuts.

Edited by thc24

thanks Pure i will give it a go. Ill PM you if i have dramas with the pics but on the format do i need to post all pics and text in one post or simular to what i did here. Ill have a look at how others have done theres, got some free hours tonight so ill make a start now.

One more post soon showing finished healthy cuts.

It is Prefered that you do it all in one as that makes it so you can read the whole thing from teh FAQ section without going onto the forums , but whatever makes it easy for you ,

If you do it in a few different posts , Just make a comment at the Bottom of the first one ( which will be imbedded in the FAQ section ) thats tesll people to view the whole topic for the rest of the info

lol

Hi there

Back to finnish this Cloning guide all cuts made it and are pretty healthy they will be veged under flouro for a week to build a good root ball then planted. Its been pretty cold in grow room of late so a heat mat will be used for any cuts in the future during winter

Thanks all and enjoy your growing.

post-5631-1144493655_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1144493777_thumb.jpg