SA Election - March 18. VOTE GREEN!

DO NOT VOTE GREEN IN THE SA ELECTION

vote 1 hemp

tHE gREENS HAVE DUMPED THEIR LEGALISATION ADVOCATION FOR PENALTIES

HEMP is THE only party fighting for smokers rights

The Greens in Sa have preference "NO DRUGS" candidate above the HEMP party!!!!!!!!!!!!!

URGENT - set the record strait - do NOT vote Green in the upper house

VOTE 1 HEMP

CALL THE HEMP HELP LINE FOR MORE INFO 0439 800 891

www.hemp.on.net

The above post from HELP SA is typical of everything I see from this party - it's half assed. Could you not preview it before you posted to see if all your font tags were working? How about going a bit easier on the uppercase too? Spell check perhaps? Hey, I love the message, support the cause, and all, but, jeez, you need to get a bit slicker. Such posts, like the Hemp SA website, project an image of hopefull amateurs and do not bode well for effective governance. I'm not saying you need to get all corporatised - just tidy up a bit! (Oz Stoners site is way slick..)

Guest niall
DO NOT VOTE GREEN IN THE SA ELECTION

vote 1 hemp

tHE gREENS HAVE DUMPED THEIR LEGALISATION ADVOCATION FOR PENALTIES

HEMP is THE only party fighting for smokers rights

The Greens in Sa have preference "NO DRUGS" candidate above the HEMP party!!!!!!!!!!!!!

URGENT - set the record strait - do NOT vote Green in the upper house

VOTE 1 HEMP

CALL THE HEMP HELP LINE FOR MORE INFO 0439 800 891

www.hemp.on.net

Thanks for the clarification, but the Greens SA do appear to be cannabis friendly. Their policies on their website are certainly not anti-cannabis - can you elaborate on why South Australians should not vote Green?

http://greens.org.au/policies/services/dru...useandaddiction

1.1 a harm minimisation approach is the best way to reduce the negative effects of drug use and drug regulation;

1.4 the regulation of personal use of currently illegal drugs is best addressed primarily within a health and social framework, with legal support;

1.7 policy and programs should be adopted that are evidence-based and subject to continuous evaluation;

3.10 introduce the regulated use of cannabis for specified medical purposes;

3.13 replace criminal penalties for personal drug use with a system of civil sanctions (excluding imprisonment) with measures commensurate with specific cases and circumstances (such as education, counselling, and treatment);

3.14 support criminal penalties for the supply and/ or possession of commercial quantities of illegal drugs;

These are straight out of the Australian Greens policy book, looks like they don't have their own state policies on drugs, but there is nothing anti-cannabis about them. The Australian Greens have stepped back from publicly recommending cannabis and ecstasy be made available, and they're not using the L word, but they are most definitly not anti-cannabis.

HEMP SA preferences will apparently flow to the Democrats - can you confirm this? The Democrats SA website doesn't appear to have any of their policies online - how can you assure voters that a vote for HEMP and the Democrats is a cannabis friendly vote?

I'd recommend everyone to support HEMP SA where possible, and SA is the home of the Democrats so hopefully they'll retain influence at the State level, but I honestly believe that voting for the Greens - both in SA and other States as well as at the Federal level - is our best course of action.

Greens policies are online for everyone to see, and while they may have backed off from advocating outright legalisation they are at least making their position very clear, and they are most definitly cannabis friendly and personal drug use friendly when compared to the Liberals and Labor. I can't say the same about the Democrats, as they seem to be playing politics by hiding their policies instead of standing up for what they believe in. With the Greens, I know exactly where I stand, and they are positively not anti-cannabis.

Who's the best party to vote for in SA? I would gladly recommend HEMP SA (particularly if I knew more about their policies and preferences, who is standing in this election, what financial and organisational state the party is in etc.), but moreso I would recommend the Greens as the only clear way to have a positive influence on SA's cannabis policy. It's great that HEMP SA has joined us here at OzStoners, so I recommend everyone who's voting in this election to contact them and talk to them about the best way for their vote to make a difference and to prevent further rollbacks of the State's cannabis laws. Make sure you vote counts!

Then there must be something very wrong with HEMP's policies or your candidate, what are HEMP's policies on the environment, health and education, they are always taken into account when the Greens are directing their preferences? Believe it or not there are some things that are far more important than mj law reform and the Greens are not a single-issue party.

:applause:

Good point Tom. I'll admit the HempSA post about the Green's preferences threw me a bit but at least they are fairly transparent (ie. actually have policies you can read on their site). HempSA may have a lot going for them but to (finally) appear on OzStoners a week or two before the election with a few bodgy press-releases, no policies and a candidate who has not made herself known is a bit bloody cheeky. They could have been stimulating political conversation on this site for the last 6 months - letting us get to know them. Maybe they just assumed this would be preaching to the converted - as it is, I see no converts to HempSA here yet.. Edited by Gruntus

If you look on the greens site, you can find their upper house preferences. I decided that I wasn't 100% happy with all of them so I will be voting below the line. It may be alot more effort but if you work it all out before hand its not too bad. I will be voting the 4 green candidates 1,2,3,4 followed by HEMP mainly because I adhere to the "fuck shit up" form of voting and from there on its pretty similar to the greens preferences except for a few independents that I thought deserved better preferences. The main thing is, libereals are right near the end with Family First and the Anti drugs guy preferenced last.

As far as lower house, Greens, Democrats, Labor, Liberal, Family First I think is a good order to go about things.

Edited by bloodshot_eyes