SA Election - March 18. VOTE GREEN!

Guest niall

The South Australian election is less than a fortnight away. A Liberal majority will see the state's cannabis expiation system overhauled - fines will be increased, or the entire system may be scrapped. This will result in more cannabis users being targeted by law enforcement, greater hardship for our community, and it will not reduce cannabis use, cultivation, availability or harm - not a single one of their aims will be achieved with Zero Tolerance laws.

If you're in SA, please vote 1 for the Greens. Do not vote Labor or an Independent, VOTE GREEN! You may think that this is a two party system, and either Labor or Liberal will get in anyway so you may as well vote for one of them, but YOU'RE BLOODY WRONG! This kind of attitude is the reason why other parties don't get into Parliament, you absolutely must give them your primary vote if you want our democracy to work!

The Greens are the only cannabis friendly party in this election. Give them your primary vote, stick 1 in their box and read the instructions on the ballot form carefully so you don't fuck it up. If you only need to mark a single box, vote 1 Green. If you need to number all of them, make sure you put the Liberal Party and Family First in last place. Family First are very anti-cannabis. Liberal are anti-cannabis. Unless you understand how your preferences will be divided if your first choice doesn't win, do not risk it! Give your primary vote to the Greens and let them allocate their preferences. You may think that you're voting for a safe candidate, but if they don't get in your vote may be counted towards Family First or Liberal!!! DON'T RISK IT! VOTE GREEN! TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE GREEN! :whistle:

South Australian Greens

http://greens.org.au/ploneimages/SAelection.gif

Also you should consider joining your local branch of the SA Greens. You can help craft the Greens' cannabis policies and have a lasting effect on South Australia's future elections and laws. It only takes an hour or two a month to get involved. If all of us joined our local Greens party we could be working this thing from the inside - improve their cannabis policies, keep the party focused on drug law reform, and fend off any attempt by the other members to dilute or remove their cannabis policies. Your efforts could help prevent another decade of cannabis prohibition - you may be saving your own children from living under the same bad laws that we do. It may come down to 1 person holding the fort in a time of darkness, and that person could be you! You don't need to get involved in "politics", just help to represent our community and make sure that the Greens remain cannabis friendly, even help to improve their cannabis policies in our favour. It's surprisingly easy to have a major influence within the Greens, you should seriously think about it :doh:

Edited by niall

Guest niall
I will be voting greens 1st and democrats second, definately libs last....

Grab one of the Greens how to vote cards on the day - they may prefer that you give your preferences out differently. A vote for the Democrats may seem like a good idea, but those preferences could all go to another party that you don't like, depending on what deal the Democrats have done.

The Greens always need people to help out with elections too as they don't have the funding allocations that the major parties give themselves.

They will need people that are prepared to letterbox, hand out how to vote pamphlets at polling booths, help erect posters and many other things, helping the Greens is helping yourself and quite a few others at the same time.

:whistle:

Guest niall

I've just found out that HEMP SA are standing an Independent in the election. Wherever possible you should support this candidate. I can't find out any more information though, HEMP SA don't seem to be registered as a party (hence him standing as an Independent), their website has never worked for me (http://hemp.on.net.au) and I can't even find out his name.

Anyone else able to figure this one out?

Ha, looks like I was given the wrong URL. It is http://www.hemp.on.net/ Still can't figure out who is running though.

Edited by niall

HempSA candidate is, so far as I know, Jamnes Danenberg. He's an OK guy but looks a bit like everyone's idea of the typical stoner. I visit the HempSA web page often but it's a bit of a mess. Might contact him soon to see if he wants a hand tidying it up. I've yet to see any notice anywhere, except his site, that he was running again. I guess mounting an election campaign requires funds & volunteers to get the message out. Anyhoo, I doubt I'd choose him first over the Greens..