My botanical library

Guest Eikel

While the internet is an amazing resource for the exchange of information, I feel there's still nothing like picking up a good book and having a read.

In that light - here's my current collection, or the ones I've actually read, I have a few more that I haven't had time to read through yet.

So.... what's in your collection? :D

post-4190-1141020835_thumb.jpg

Got a whole shelf of my bookcase dedicated to orchids and other botanical books, and it expands all the time. :D The only non-botanical book on it is about vikings. :D

One of my favourites on plants which isn't an orchid tome is "A Modern Herbal" by Mrs M. Grieve. Written originally in 1931, it's about 900 pages of fantastic information on herbs, spices and other plants, (even a bit on orchids) and their pharmaceutical and other uses... Being older than the avg herbal around it's uncensored by the propaganda of the prohibition era which soon followed. Has a great entry on cannabis too, which I'll put up tomorrow when I get my hands on the disk. :D

But here's a photo of the shelf. I usually buy a new book every month or so, depending on what I can find out there.

post-414-1141057109_thumb.jpg

I have.....

Marijuana Botany

The cannabis Grow Bible

The home cannabis Creator

The Marijuana Growers Guide

Rockwool – The Book

The Emperor Wears No Clothes

The Joys of a Herb Garden at Home

The Marijuana Growers Handbook.

Growing with CO2

All ebooks on disk.....I havent read them all, most of them seem to have the same advise and methods.

But my favorite real book is “The Yate’s Garden Guide.”

Hehe, nah I just wanted to know if I was the only nerd that still read books instead of downloading PDF's (or buying them on a pre-burnt CD hehe). :D

@Luke - Cool books, nice collection also, how did I guess that most of yours were gonna be about orchids? :)

@Buddy, @F420 - Get some more guys! Well, I would, but I love to read books in the "traditional" form :D

@oniks - That looks like a funky book, I've got quite a few on Aussie-specific wildlife, but is that one more about the "weird" creatures on the planet?

@cerebro - Haven't heard about that one mate? Although permaculture is covered in several of my other books, is it very specific on sustainable agriculture techniques, for farms or the "hobbiest gardner"? Will have to take a look around, if not at the local library then amazon.ca :D

Anyone else though? I just finished reading through "A Field companion to Australian Fungi" - unfortunately the 1985 edition, so there's one mention TOTAL for the interesting fungi - and that's "Psilocybe sp", feh.

Here's the book I mentioned along with 3 others I haven't read through yet:

post-4190-1141120649_thumb.jpg