Flower Time (first grow)

When the lights turn on at 7 I will take pics and post in grow diary. :thumbsup

as far as the odor goes, is it possible just to have the carbon filter with fan on it running in the room to deodorize it or does it have to be ducted to exhaust outside.

I am still trying to decide whether to use carbon filter or ozone generator, I was wondering if you could use a unit like this:

http://homeharvest.com/airpurification.htm (UvoAir1000)

and put it inside ducting behind an exhaust fan and have a long stretch of ducting (10-20ft) after it to outside?

I would rather use an ozone generator than a carbon filter due to the need to replace / refill carbon every year and the high startup cost. ( after purchasing 2 lights and 4 bulbs i'm hurting lol ).

From the research i've done a carbon filter will be $70-$300 and exhaust fan $100-$250. ($500-600 total).

Ozone generator looks like it would be $200 and $70 for fan to exhaust it. ($280 total).

Please help, people visiting my house have mentioned the smell and I just told them I smoked a spliff before they came.

Edited by AKalltheway

I exhast my grow box into the ceiling.

I grow in the laundry,

the noise of the fan is a bit loud, but its in a room where its not out of place.

After all, it sounds like what it is, an exhaust fan.

Ive had friends stand 3 foot away from the box with the plant about ready to harvest and they havnt noticed the smell, or been curious about the noise.

Ive heard from more places than one, that ozone gens are a waste of money.

If you you cant exhaust into a ceiling, buy the carbon scrubber.

Edited by cranky