Flower Time (first grow)

I have 2 definate large AK females and 2 cant tell (most likely male) that have been in veg 7 weeks. I was going to start flowering this week and was wondering about lighting. I have a 400w MH and 1000HPS.

If i only have 2 plants is it worth it to put them under the 1000w or should I get a warm spectrum bulb for the 400w and use it to save energy?

Diffrent people have viwes on this some say you can use a MH from start to finish and others say only a HPS is good for budding ya plants and others say that use both MH and HPS tougher, i have only ever used a 400w sun-t-argo witch has both of the light out put, my self i would use the 1000 watter as you will get a lot more bud than useing the 400 but if you are worryed about power use go with the 400w...

One of my mates came over and noticed the smell of my ladies and it worried me a lot because I am only day 3 of flower. I was looking at different ozone generators and carbon filters and was discouraged by the prices and health risks (ozone). I came across these items on ebay:

Carbon Filter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARBON-AIR-SCRUBBER-AC...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ozone Gen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/C-A-P-OZN-1-Commercial...1QQcmdZViewItem

I have 3 AK47 and 1 Unknown growing (maybe 6 or 8 next go) in 12x8x7ft room. Would either of these be a good solution or should I go with something else. I am on a tight budget due to the cost of lights etc... so I can only spend up to $200-250.

The smell doesn't bother me, I love it, but I would imagine the nosey neighbors, their kids, surrounding businesses, and cops might have an issue with it.

Any advice would be appreciated, they are getting stinker by the day.

that carbon scrubber is really small compared to the ones at the hydro shops that i have seen :scratchin probably wouldnt be the best for your system because of that :thumbdown

what you need to do is create a negative pressure environment so smells cant leak out and run all the extracting air through a decent carbon filter or ozone generator...

if you could get some pics of your system, it would be a massive help because then we could all help you work on getting your grow smell free :smoke

The cost of a carbon filter is infinitesimal compared to the cost of a fine/gaol sentence and having the lot taken. Save up for one if you have to, but get one.

Most carbon filters are rated according to lighting, so for a thousand watt sys a 150x600 phat filter would do nicely, but if you plan to expand then move up to a 150x1000mm unit to cover that base.

Hope that helps.