Can someone tell me?

thatswho

Could someone please tell me, what I should be looking for when I'm ready to harvest my plants?

Is it the stigmas?  or the calyx? 

I have brought a jewelers loupe and was just wondering?

Close - it's the Trichomes :)

The white "resin" that covers the plants... sec, lemme dig up a topic for you.

Found it..... "When to Harvest Pics".

Excellent charts thanks Eikel!

I think they help explain a bit of the "Cannabis is a million times stronger than it was last week" govt myths that spring up :)

Weed that is grown by commercial sources, is grown for maximum harvest, and generally harvested at the 'narcotic' couchlock stage of growth because the plants are a bit bigger then.

The different highs have a lot to do with indica vs sativa as well. A good bush Sativa high can leave me up for 6 hours, some crosses are the same but generally more like 3-4 hours. Skunk is like chinese food, I'm back at the bowl an hour later... ::):

Ah for a jewelers loupe! I try to tell myself I can tell with my own bionic eyes. But really I'm just normally broke when in the vicinity of shops. :whistling

Harvesting is a matter of choice....

as the plant matures and the fibres are at the %50/50 stage this means it is at peek potency....this does not meen it is at the heaviest stone stage...as explained in Marajuana Botany....in my words... the thc is at max potency and as the plant matures and the fibres start to colour, 50/50 (max thc potency) then as the flowers ripen the thc starts to break down and convert to cbn, this is where the "couch lock stone" comes in.

its the cannabinol(cbn) that gives you the more heavier stone.

so in short....the longer you let the buds ripen the more heavier the stone...in my experience you should harvest when the fibres are about %75 coloured. I go by the fibres....you need to harvest before they all die.....

looking at the trichombs, and i just starting to take notice of this method recently..I think the more cloudy they are the more "couch lock" the stone will be. For a clearer stone pick when they are just starting to turn..for a heavier stone pick when they are fully cloudy....

mmmcloudy trichs. cloudy stone...clear trichs clearer stone....

for a better read visit this link....and I suggest anyone growing should get a copy of this book...it is the BEST.

http://greenmanspage.com/guides/botany.htm...20of%20Cannabis

click on chapter 4 maturation and harvesting...ultimately read the whole book.....

Edited by SukonmiSkunk

Heya SS

thanks for the link, looks like an excellent read :thumbsup

looks like lots of us have been damaging our buds in the manicuring stages ... :scratchin

always wondered it it damaged the THC .... chopping into the buds obviously damages the thc glands ... but I liked the sound of the part where he says the leaves protect and preserv e the lil resin glands ... I'm drying a Hash Plant whole at the moment ... she didnt have lots of leaves anyway, but I thought I'd do it as an experiment and after reading a bit of the book from your link, I'm happier

cheers

lol

Really not sure about a grow diary, I don't really want to embarrass myself. lol

Basically i germinated around 4 seeds. they grew great then they got abit neglected.

3 males and 1 female. And ended up with this::: post-4831-1139739542_thumb.jpg (Please don't laugh) She has been through hell really. Was in a little pot for ages, I thought it was time to put her in the ground when I noticed the roots coming out the bottom.

Then she was in the ground for 2 weeks and we found out we were shifting so I had to force flower her. 8am everymorning she comes out of the dark shed, regardless what the weathers like, and 8pm everynight she goes back into the shed.

Shes not too bad, I don't really care as long as I get something to smoke.

post-4831-1139739220_thumb.jpg

From the look of the pics to me she could go a bit longer before harvest, growing pot is a learning thing the more u do it the better u get, dont worry u wont being laughed at as at one time in all peoples growing thay have had things that go wrong for them you then know that way dosent work so u try something diffrent next time, keep at it and before u know it u will be growing some nice buds...