The Cannabis Wars 2006

Hey guys,

Following recent announcements from the Howard government, it's become clear that a very organised anti-cannabis offensive is reaching its peak. NAPNT have dubbed this The Cannabis Wars 2006, and I agree that this year is going to be a very pivotal year for our community.

If you were ever contemplating getting involved, even if only in the form of anonymous donations or support in whatever way you can contribute, then NOW is the time. This is really important guys, we have a very important battle ahead of us and if we win strategic ground in the next few months then it's going to make all of our lives much easier, and keep our families that much safer. If things don't go our way, we could be looking at a complete reversal of the recent trend towards civil penalties, decriminalisation, and what would eventually form the basis for legalisation/regulation. Harsh laws could be forced upon us Australia-wide, with the States having no option but to follow Howard's Dream.

Please PM me if you are able to lend a hand. You don't need to do anything in public, you don't need to come out of the closet or use your real name or anything like that. At a minimum, you could donate $10. However, if you're willing to get more involved there is much that you can do while remaining anonymous. Even more if you're willing to come out of the closet and fight!

It's time guys, if you were ever going to do something to help legalise cannabis then this really is it! Please, please PM me as we need as many hands on deck as we can get over the coming months. If we play our cards right, the battle will be over before it's even begun. If we do nothing, or act too late, we'll be stuck with these laws for an extra decade or two. I honestly believe we're potentially years away from the prize here, events are taking shape all around the world and this truly is a very critical time for our community. Please help!

I think the idea here is to have a National peak body to bring together the diverse range of people who believe cannabis prohibition is wrong.

The war against cannabis is very organised, well funded and enjoys the support of the highest political office in the land. I think we have all noticed a marked increase in the hysterical demonisation of cannabis in recent history. We are living in an age of right-wing conservatism - and the moralistic bastards regard us as the scum of the earth, yet we potentially number up to 40% of the population.

At present Australia has a diverse range of groups & individual activists (not all with the same agendas - but with a common goal, an end to cannabis prohibition) in various cities/towns across most of the states, at present these groups rarely talk to each other and even rarer, meet. Niall (and others) feels lot could be achieved if we put together a more concerted effort, I have to agree - strength in numbers.

There are some groups that because of their agendas I could not publicly support but it is a different matter if we both belong to an organisation with a shared goal.

I think the call for donations may be a bit premature but as we get more organised the costs will quickly add up, there are various fees to set up an offical organisation and of course the cost of regular communication across the country is bound to become a little onerous on some individuals.

I think the idea here is to have a National peak body to bring together the diverse range of people who believe cannabis prohibition is wrong.

The war against cannabis is very organised, well funded and enjoys the support of the highest political office in the land. I think we have all noticed a marked increase in the hysterical demonisation of cannabis in recent history. We are living in an age of right-wing conservatism - and the moralistic bastards regard us as the scum of the earth, yet we potentially number up to 40% of the population.

At present Australia has a diverse range of groups & individual activists (not all with the same agendas - but with a common goal, an end to cannabis prohibition) in various cities/towns across most of the states, at present these groups rarely talk to each other and even rarer, meet. Niall (and others) feels lot could be achieved if we put together a more concerted effort, I have to agree - strength in numbers.

There are some groups that because of their agendas I could not publicly support but it is a different matter if we both belong to an organisation with a shared goal.

I think the call for donations may be a bit premature but as we get more organised the costs will quickly add up, there are various fees to set up an offical organisation and of course the cost of regular communication across the country is bound to become a little onerous on some individuals.

Cool, thanks Brash, that was the info I was looking for ;), yeah I think the talk of donations with no follow up explanation might make a few people wary.