c bay heavens stairway & OG Busted

thanks for updates guys.. seems canada aint as cool as it used to be for weed? sux. some of my friends overthere say pot is like semi legalised, noone cares, ppl smoke in streets and cafes... maybe that election and new government has really changed things over there? we need an election and a new governemnt here too! A way better one, one that doesnt think like the morons we have in power currently.

Another article about it: http://smokedot.org/content/view/315/

:thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

Author: Phusion

Date: Saturday, 04 February 2006 12:09 PM

Source: smokedot.org

Copyright: smokedot.org

Overgrow.com Busted, Servers Seized!

Written by Phusion

Saturday, 04 February 2006 12:09 PM

did not want to wake up to this headline on CannabisCulture this morning:Overgrow.com, Cannabisworld.com, Heaven's Stairway Seed Company, and Eurohemp.com Shut Down and Servers Seized by Canadian Police.

Now it appears Heaven's Stairway Seeds (hempqc.com), Cannabisworld.com, Overgrow.com, Eurohemp.com have been shut down and the owners arrested in Canada; all their web properties seized, including the physical servers that held massive databases on thousands of growers, and tens of thousands of photographs of cannabis plants. Seed companies by the dozens used both Overgrow.com and Cannabisworld.com as a main trading ground. Over 40 seed companies had customer service interactive forums on these sites.

All the information held on those servers is now in the hands of police. It is not known what charges have been laid nor against whom. That police have not boasted about this seizure means the investigation is continuing, before any affected parties can react.

Overgrow was one of my favorite sites on the net, this is a travesty!

Hey guys, just a quick heads up. I run Planet Ganja (www.planetganja.com) - yep, the OG renegade site - so obviously all my sources are from there.

The Ontario busts are nothing to do with RC - wrong names, wrong part of Canada and wrong charges. So far there still hasn't been any official press. This leads most of us to believe the investigation is ongoing and the US authorities are involved. RC's arrest was almost certainly to do with his seed business, so OG and CW weren't the main targets. It looks like another Emery job for the DEA. We believe RC has been released, but is not allowed to talk about the case or go online as part of his bail conditions. You can find more info if you're interested at Gypsy's site (www.icmag.com), Dr Chronic's site (www.hg420.com), and of course PG.

Stay tuned and stay safe guys ;)

This is just an update form info I found on other sites, I don't don't vouch for any of the claims.

Original Article

"Richard Calrisian" of Overgrow and Heaven's Stairway Disappears

by Jodie Giesz-Ramsay (08 Feb, 2006)

Did he take the money and run? Or did "RC" go into hiding?

The owner of Heaven's Stairway Seeds, CannabisWorld.com and Overgrow.com has

apparently dropped his websites and businesses, and has taken off with everything.

No one knows who "Richard Calrisian" is. No one has come forward with information

about the websites. There have been no busts, no arrests linked to the owners. The

servers seem to be reachable, but are not hosting the websites anymore.

Was RC scared of being investigated? Did he want to stop paying for an enormous

database of information (Overgrow.com)?

Everyone who sells seeds seems to be fleeing North America and going to

Amsterdam, Switzerland, Spain, England - the far more progressive countries. They

don't want to be picked up by the USA or Canadian governments. Now that the

Conservatives are elected in Canada, there's far more risks for people operating

marijuana enterprises.

And This link is to a thread on Cannabis Culture, started by Marc Emery in which he claims

It would appear that there are no arrests, no police seizures of servers, RC

is in Europe or Asia and has taken the money and ran. The servers are shutdown by

RC and it may be no one is at risk at all.

overgrow/cannabisworld/ are simply gone.

Reeferman is also permanently in Europe, though his businesses are still operating

here (sort of).

Seems some in the industry are reading the writing on the wall. RC closed shop as

soon as the Conservative government came to power!

and

We have sources in the business that have told us this is what the "industry"

now believes is the case. There are no arrests. There is no breach of security known.

The people closest to RC are not at all worried, which I at first thought was odd. But

one needs time to "disappear" and simply announcing "goodbye" on the overgrow

websites would attract queries, debtors, law enforcement curiosity... whereas right

now it a mystery that goes on and on, allowing RC to adopt a new identity in a new

place.

Pretty smart really.

and

The server upgrade was the cover for disappearing altogether. A number of

people who do biz at both cannabisworld and overgrow told me the day it went down

that "thats server upgrade, nothing to be concerned about". I still said, "but why

wouldn't you have the DNS redirected to a page that merely updated that

information? " Yet when I asked this obvious question those companies close to

overgrow/rc/cannabisworld showed no concern at all. So 9 days after servers shut

dow, we've called prisons, people have supplied us with RC's "real" name, we've

called around, and more close associates came in and asked us not to say Richard

disappeared, that it would be good "if people don't know for a while.".

Police would have announced the bust. Family members aren't talking because they

have no reason to. No one is worried about RC's life or health or any prospect of jail.

He's just gone.

OG may get sold at some point, but not right away. Its still intact apparently and I

think people are just being patient who have a vested interest in those sites.

Make of that what you like ;)