boiling in sugar

This might be a urban myth of the marijuana world. I remember hearing the sugar and boiling water method over 25 years ago from a dodgy mate well before the internet was invented. Untill Mythbusters does a marijuana special and tackles this specific method of post harvesting than it will remain a urban myth. My 2 cents on the subject says if the benefits were that obvious than everybody would be using this method and therefore wouldnt be in the realm of a 'urban myth' but a 'must do'  :gardening:

Interesting and funny read.

Never heard of it myself in my 31 years of living but I have heard of and also tried the 'putting fruit in the curing jar'.

Sliced strawberries, mashed blueberries, pricked orange wedge etc... It does add a bit of fruity flavouring but nothing like the levels of say flavoured tabacco.

Each to there own though and in my opinon, everything is worth a try once.

I'm sure people once called the first person to clone 2 breeds of plant an idiot, or the first berson who put his long time grown plant into a tube and blast it with butane was probably labelled as mentally unstable but hey, millions of people around the world do both of these so I say crack on, drop those roots in sugar water and you never know, you may be a 21st centery trend setter!

So what's the verdict then lol? does this old hippy method actually work, has anyone tried it in the last 45 years since hippies were around lol  :pimp:  :afro:

I did it a few times back in the 70's. Zero result when compared to mates who had just hung it up to dry the "normal" way. Urban myth!

• Upvote 1

I'm all up for hearing about and trying new ideas. Especially one like this as there is 100% no chance of loosing or damaging your crop.

The fruit in the jar I and others mentioned woult increase the chance of mould as long as you maintain it properly. Keep the air circulating, take the fruit out after 4-5 days and if you so wish, replace with a fresh peice.

Think of your jar the same way you do a cupboard or fridge, you wouldn't leave open fruit laying about in there for more than a few days so if yiou decide to try it with your next harvest just stick by that theory.

i will be doing it again this harvest on half a yeild from one plant and leaving the other have natural. I would offer to sell some to anyone who wants to try the difference but that my friends is illigal! lol :harhar:

One of my friends will rip a plant an leave the roots in water for 24hrs before he harvests.. Trims or touches it.

it is supposed to give the plant one final chance to eat/drink as much water as it can.. It does fatten the buds up slightly.. But not really enough to worry about unless you are doin mass scale in my opinion.

. But I believe it also helps to dilute any feed or nutes that may still be present in the plant again slightly.

I would not or ever recommend doing it with boiling water... Or put boiling water any where near your plants.