boiling in sugar

Hey Guys,

I don't know about boiling in sugar. I have seen mates putting apricot nectar in the res in the last couple of days before harvesting. I smoked the weed and imo it had a more fruity taste.

I have also bought bud that leaves a dark glassy residue in the bong and give me a headache after smoking it. I thought the buds had been sprayed with a salt or sugar solution some time during curing. Prob to increase weight. One of the reasons I am now growing for myself! I have also noticed shitty weed that leaves an oily/waxy residue on the bag. also trying to increase weight is my guess.

Whe I was a teenager an old hippie told me to boil the dope plants roots in water for a couple of mins.

He said it pushes the THC into the buds. It also caused the plant to stress at the last moments of its life. He then used to hang them up.

After reading all of the arguments about this subject that have been posted over the last 4-5 years, I must say that I am not going to try it.

I'll leave this one to the hippies, they can keep thier old beliefs, they prob thought it up when they on LSD or somethin.???

Dunno... Don't care.... Do you?? :scratchin:

might make it flavour bit diff, but we usto fill bucket with boiling water !!

pull plant shake off as much dirt, an put 2 kilos of BROWN suguar an stIre quick, an site plant roots in bucket for 24 hours then pull out hang upside down, it only taisted abit diff , not allways for the better lol, DONT WAIST YOU'R TIME !!!! :bongon:

So picture a young Lad who decides he's gonna try for his first real grow..trotts on down to the Alternative Book shop in Hindely St and picks up a book on how to do it...no internet, no one to ask.

He ends up paying a ridiculous amount ($20?) for a 60-70 page book/Magazine with an orange cover "How to Grow Marijuana" (I think...it was awhile ago, late 80's...still got it somewhere)

Home he goes, studies the book like crazy and away he goes...in this book was a complete section on how/why to do this and the Author swore by it.

Long story short...talk about a lot of pissing about with pots and boiling water. Try hanging on to a 6+ footer, whilst trying to get whats left of the root ball after harvest into a pot of boiling water....better still, hold it there for 5 minutes.

What a bloody fiasco...did I get better bang for my buck...dunno...would I do it again?   

Sure I would :nutzo: :nutzo: :nutzo:

I do like these sorts of threads... haven't seen any of the 'old techniques' get a run for awhile.

Maybe someone would like to have a go at cleaving before they dunk the roots in hot sugar... proponents claim it really improves resin coverage.

net pic for example...

post-20731-0-20293400-1395566031_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1