how to use fongarid

Gday. I use fungarid every 2 weeks on my plants religiously. I put two satchets into a 10ltre watering can and apply half of the can to 1 plant. I have 6 plants so i make up 3 cans. I make sure i get the stem as its coming out of the media. I have a run to waste system, so u may want to pull the hose off that goes to ur brain box. The plants seem to like it. My hydro mentor owns a hydro shop and has been growing since 89 and this is what he does so I'm always willing to listen to ppl with experience.

Just my 2cents :)

Hi BentBuddah

You dont need to use it that regular , it has a long life within the plants !

When people get a Pyth problem its easy to want to pull out the flame throwers , but its better to fix the reason you got it in the first place as Pyth is an everywhere predator waiting for the right conditions and openings , run a tight ship and you wont get it .

The crucial time for Pythium is at the cutting stage , if you insure your mothers are absolutly free of Pythium ( important ) and your clones are only touched by sterile water , once they are rooted there is no need to use fongarid , although I will treat them on transplanting to the main system as a stop gap measure , any more than that is overkill and a waste of money .

Rod

I used fongarid after realising a green mould or algae was blooming in the dirty yard soil my first indoor plant was newbishly put in. Was also in bottom half of a soda bottle so the light getting to the soil would've helped the green stuff. The green started appearing about a day or two after the roots could first be seen thru the container down the bottom. I wrapped the container in black plastic to shut out the light and had to water down a sachet of fongarid to end up with a 500ml spray of it mixed with water. Next day it was pretty hard to see any of the green-ness in soil so either the fongarid or the black plastic did the trick (probably both I guess). lol

edit: sprayed only about 200mL of the fongarid mix, then about 3x that of just water after to "spread it" like the instructions in the picture seem to say.

Edited by ilky

People should keep in mind that fongarid is a systemic fungicide, and will be drawn up into the sap and tissues of the plant. How long this lasts and what effect it will have when smoked is unknown.

Use it sparingly, and as early as possible to avoid any potential residue left in the plant. It should dissipate to insignificant levels within a crop cycle easily though.

It won't treat all fungal problems either. It may well be that it's not registered for hydroponic use, I'm not sure on that, but the manufacturer would be able to tell you pretty quickly whether it's okay for hydroponics. It's never caused a problem AFAIK, certainly not with plants growing, but it's the residue of systemic fungicides and pesticides I'm not to keen on. But that's me. lol

I first came to use fongarid on gloxinias which had suffered a mildew disease that had fallen from pine trees around the property the plants had been propagated at.

Nothing ws saving that blokes plants and he would have lost all his plants if he had not been put onto fongarid by the DPI, who he'd asked to help figure what was wrong with his plants.

Since then I've used it as a treatment for damping off if I get unlucky to suffer it, or any other similar illnes. I think it's one of those genuine miracle produts that can really save a huge los quickly and effortlesly.

What Luke said is worth considering though. I've never used it in the tank, just on cuttings or seedlings, literally months before harvest.

But as far as sucessfull in what it's meant to do, it's a gem.

cheers

rob