how to use fongarid

hi can anyone tell me how to effectively use fongarid in a recirculating system with rockwool

instructions say 2gr per 2 litres of water added to soil. so i mixed 10gr in 10lts of water and drenched each slab (media) with 1.5lts and allowed the runoff to circulate back into the nute tank.

does that sound ok?

also can i add h202 when using fongarid? i know h202 is non-systemic wheras fongarid is systemic so i figure it would make a good 1-2 punch for pythium

I used fongarid in a last ditsh attempt to eradicate gnats in hydro, it killed the gnats but the plants died a few days later....not saying the fongarid killed the plants as they were severely distressted as it was

but i would do as Tom says and contact manufacturer for hydro applications

:smoke

dsyfer ::): ::(:

'fongarid' sounds like something you spray on your old flip-flops to get rid of any foot odours.
:scratchin

put more simply - do i need to flush the fongarid out of the rockwool and nute tank once applied? or can i leave it in there!

E-mail the manufacturers. They swill know.

dsyfer :(

Hi

I have used Fongarid for yrs as a cure and preventive measure against pythium , I have treated Mothers 2 wks before taking cuttings and I have treated clones when first transplanted , I generally treat a 100 ltr res with 1 satchel and leave it in the mix for 3 days and dump the res , it will not kill your plants or harm them in any way , it will show a very pale green at all tips , this quickly goes , I have treated 100s of cuttings with Fongarid will no ill effects , its a very good product that works and saved my butt more than once , the guy that said it killed his plants , no way unless he used 10 satchels or something , probably wouldnt kill them then !

Rod

PS , I use rockwool also ,, you dont need to flush your system , just change your res as normal , it will be leeched out totally by the the second res dump .

Edited by Roadblock

well i used it two days ago. (3 today) at 1 satchel per 2lts. as per directions. i made up a 10lt mix with 5 satchels. and drenched the rockwool in cropboxes and let the runoff run into the 200lt reservoir. i can tell you there has been no ill effects at all. they look fine. no green tips. im also using microbial in the nutes too.

its fine for hydro as holland forge sells it for that purpose. i just wasnt sure about whether it had to be flushed out, but i dont think i will. ill leave it in there for a week let it get into the system. thats the way its used in soil

Edited by keepleft