outdoor grow

ok a buddy of mine id thinking about doing a lrge outdoor grow around 1000 plants but needs genetics first off can anyone recomend a place to buy seeds in bulk preferrably 2000 seeds around a couple bucks a seed would be nice but i know just bcuz it would be nice doesnt mean it would happen how would you prep that much land for a grow i know normally you check the ph treat the soil and everything else but we dont have the supplys to do to that any ideas on a way to pull this off northern hemesphear out west in the usa closer to the top part of the country and when would be a god time to seeds them i was thinking of doing clones how many mother plants would i have to have to put off a 1000 clones???

50 plants vegged for 5 weeks (35Days) from seed should put off 20 clones+ each. Usually you would get preflowers by this time, or you can start to flower them and watch for sex that way.

If I was you I would buy packets of feminized beans for $100 a packet from Spice brothers' feminized range, and then grow them then rape them for cuttings. That way you are guaranteed female plants... if you are looking at 1k plants, then if you get 10 packets of 10 seeds, get 50% of them growing healthy then you will easily reach your target. So thats like $1000 worth of seeds, but you dont have to stuff around with males, and you will definately get over a thousand cuttings from 50 5 week old plants.. 20 cuts each if you do it right. If you want to check out how to do many cuttings and larger indoor grows... check out SoQuick's stuff on OG. He is Godly when it comes to the larger grows.

Good luck.

Nath

Edit: Spice bros have wicked strains too:

Green Giant x Apollo 11 Feminized

Brother's Grimm Green Giant Feminized

Green Giant x Green Giant / White Russian

Green Giant x Rosetta Stone Feminized (sold out)

Green Giant x Green Giant/Matanuska Thunderfuck Feminized (sold out)

Green Giant x AK-47 /Sour D Feminized (sold out)

They have a deal at Heavens stairway for:

Spice Brother's Feminized Special #3

SBSS.04

$US200.00

Select any four items from Spice Brother's Feminized Seeds and save $120. Comes out to only $50 per pack on Feminized seeds. Please include alternate choices in "notice to us" when checking out in case of sold out items.
Edited by Nath

hi mate i think you will find i harder with seeds unless you grow at home and transplant, grow one or more plant and clone after 3 months to collect about 100 clones per plant grow for a week and then plant at begining of OD flower march should get 3 footers and they will be the same better when selling larger amounts. all this can cost little to nothing just abit of planning id go for recycled and flushed coco to keep costs down forget about rock wool as you will spend hundreds maby lookinto seed raising trays as can fit 64 cuts into standard humidi crib compared to RW at 30.

thanks nath, myfirst grow awhile ago was recirc in expanded clay had problem after problem ph fluctuating ec too water temp due to massive pump running non stop. A friend gave me some cuts in coco and when i saw the root system at 5 daws old i was sold on coco i hand watered first with only one issue slight overwater but could be expected coming from clay. i now use coco only in every thing once rooted , my last batch of cuts i did for an od grower i manager good results in seed raising trays 64 per tray seed trays hold little coco and this is the key to cloning in coco needs to be slightly compact in a puck half the size of 1 inch RW cube . With less medium watering becomes a daily thing as i like it near dry watering 5 to 10 ml per day after 3rd day.

post-5631-1138441338_thumb.jpg

If you reveg a plant after a couple of weeks of flowering, it will sprout lots of new growth tips.....I would get onto a clonebank about the best ways of maximising the amount of clones per plant. :scratchin

any ideas on a way to pull this off northern hemesphear out west in the usa closer to the top part of the country

...move to Canada :)

If you do what Gush said make sure you definately get a strain which isnt prone to hermies.. C99 is a nice one which will definately grow some monsters and will not hermi.. but not the best yielder, which is what I think you might be looking for? The Apollo 11 is the Genius x C99 which provides a bit more yield on that. Sorry for preaching these strains, but im totally sold on them... cant wait to grow out the A11's again!

if you are gonna do a 1000 plant grow, buy some high quality genetics and grow the females out so you can pick the best mothers....there is no way you'd wanna fuck around with growing from seeds, even if they were feminized as feminized seeds are made from hermies and if that genetic trait made it into that crop, you'd be fucked over in no time :thumbdown