Reality check. Amazing results.

whynot

I just bumped into an ooooooold mate of mine. To cut a long story short, we got talking about the 'old days' and he told me he is still growing, where I gave up a few years ago.

I went to his place last night and was amazed, to say the least.

He only has 4 plants, however his grow room measuring 5m x 5m is completely full of SOG. It was that full, I didn't believe he only had 4 plants.

I got down on my stomach and checked the pots. Sure enough, 4 pots with 1 plant in each. He is growing in 500mm buckets, with one bucket sitting in another of the same size. The inside bucket has holes underneath for drainage into the outer bucket. The 'lip' of the buckets keeps the inside bucket sitting about 6 inches higher than the outer bucket.

He is growing in perlite/vermiculite and runs a recycled drip system. Each plant has it's own 600w HPS.

As the plant grows, he trains the plant like most SOG's, tying the main branches down.

He is currently pulling 1.5lb of DRY product off EACH plant. His last crop was 6lb off the same 4 plant system. Not only is there alot of heads (as in any SOG system), but they are also huge.

I know I have been out of the game for a few years, but has anyone come across these sort of results before? I know I haven't.

I wanted to take photos, because just like rooting a great looking girl, you wanna tell everyone about it. He wont let me take photos. (Such is the paranoia of a 40+ year old pot smoker).

I think you mean SCROG not SOG.

6lbs under 4x600W works out to just over 1.1g/watt, which a lot of SCROG growers claim they achieve over at www.overgrow.com

personally even with my little setup I'd be happy with 0.1g/watt. In fact, I'll be happy if I can keep my plants alive until harvest lol

I think you mean SCROG not SOG.

I always thought SCROG meant using some sort of screen, and SOG was without a screen lol

SOG is multiple plants close together with a short veg time and minimal branching (and yes no screen) while SCROG is a few plants who's branches are trained to fill a large area over a longer veg time

You said this guy trains them and ties branches down with only 4 plants in a 5x5 area. It sounds like he's doing a SCROG type grow without the actual screen but just tieing down branches as necessary.

Yeah, it doesnt sound like a sea of green grow.

My last scrog was with six 1x1 metre screens....the yeild was nothing to scoff at but training the branches under and through the screen became a pain in the arse.

Im all set up for a sog grow as soon as I get my red devil clones but if I ever use the screens again, I'll try keeping the branches down on top of the mesh with double ended wire hooks instead of underneath.

My screens are made of PVC pipe and 2"x2" stiff fencing mesh

Edited by Buddy