Fungus/insect problem ?

I have a problem with one (only 1) of my outdoor plants and can't pin down exactly what the cause is.

Synmptoms :- post-5398-1137046950_thumb.jpg

1) Leaves lack green colour (poss N deficiency)

2) New growth not slowed at all. No signs of damage to new growth.

3) Nicoretic spots beginning on inner leaf veins (but not restricted to). damage progresses from the middle of the plant to relatively new growth area 2/3 way up.

4) affected area is the main (mid) stem

Other info :-

1) Plant is 31/2 foot tall

2) 20Lt pot

3) veging oudoors

4) Nutes/feed - dynamic lifter & fish Emulsion (liquid)

Medium :- compost (general porpose) Not the best compost I must say.

I am tending towards a fungus of sorts. :scratchin

Is "citrofresh" what I need ? I am not in flower and think that "citrofresh" is for use mostly when in flower. Would that make a difference?

Any advice would be appeciated on products to use for fungus! :smoke

Should I repot into new better compost

post-5398-1137048234_thumb.jpg

post-5398-1137048398_thumb.jpg

Guest medcannabis

I'll take a stab.

Nutrient toxicity / swing in ph causing lockout?

Too much water not enough airation in compost maybe leading to root rot?

Did you lime the compost at all or tweak it in any way or are they in straight store bought compost? Do you use this mix all the time with success?

Are all the plants in exact conditions, exact soil, being fed and watered exactly the same?

what makes you think it's a fungus? One that is living in the soil or on the leaves? Soil I guess you are talking about?

just a guess.

Edited by medcannabis

if they are dying from the bottom up on the main stem killing off the sun leaf and then getting a few nodes up and then starting on the lower branches, its probably a pH lockout + the plant would be a bit rootbound by now which has the same sort of effect :thumbdown I have had the same sort of problem before myself and its a total bitch to fix, had to transplant into a bigger pot +had to correct the pH level of the medium :thumbdown

medcannabis....Did you lime the compost at all or tweak it in any way or are they in straight store bought compost?

Yea I tweeked it using blood & bone.

Nutrient toxicity / swing in ph causing lockout?

I have not considered PH problem. Would it be such leaf discolouration (ie dark brown/black/nicoretic). This discolouration lead me to think fungus ! 2nd no other plants are affected using same compost mix and nutes???

Thanks for you stab medcannabis _ some thing I will consider.

wantdachronic .... if they are dying from the bottom up on the main stem killing off the sun leaf and then getting a few nodes up and then starting on the lower branches, its probably a pH lockout +

I cant really explain very well the progression - it the mid section & the whole plant is the same as new gowth colour (pail green). I thought my pic would provide a glimps at the plant.

wantdachronic .... I have had the same sort of problem before myself and its a total bitch to fix, had to transplant into a bigger pot +had to correct the pH level of the medium

Well repoting up into a new compost is a posasbility and if I can find a bigger pot I will. But I ran out of 25Lt pots. I have to pick up a new PH meter today (right now) as mine whent on the blink. :thumbdown

Corect me if I am wrong, but using a compost I did not think PH adjustments were necessacary???????????????? :scratchin

Cheers all

tom ....4) Nutes/feed - dynamic lifter & fish Emulsion (liquid)

Too much potassium can effect the uptake of magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron and calcium, if your PH measures ok then I would consider lowering the amount of fish emulsion or cutting it out all together.

Now there's a point. :detective2: I thought I was overdoing on ferts. I was very sloppywith my mix makeup last time. Out with my trunchion, go get my new PH meter. I will have a PH meter by Saturday (hoefully).

cheers Tom

wantdachronic  ... well pH shouldnt be that much of a problem, but it would be good to find out what the pH of the water your feeding them is, i know my tap water comes out at like 9.5 which is totally toxic for mj 

My is 7.4 out of the tap. I let all my water sit for 24 hrs prior to using it in a mix.

I am not totally lost without a PH meter. I have nutes wich are buffeder and has in the past sets my PH to 5.8

Anyways I think Tom may have hit it on the head with over feeding. It has also been raining alot so not had a chance to dry out. Not that all the others were wrong about "lock out" being the oribke .

It's all comming together slowly & thankfully and time will tell. :whistling

Tom ..Too much potassium can effect the uptake of magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron and calcium, if your PH measures ok then I would consider lowering the amount of fish emulsion or cutting it out all together.

There is definaately no nutes into the older leaves which show signs of bleaching along with the nichoretic spots with resultant termination. :detective2:

OK - Tom :thumbsup - didn't like that smelly fishy' stuf anyways. :thumbdown