My hydro-shop gave me a copy of the DVD "Canna Cocoponics" when I was there the other day and this coco stuff looks pretty good :smoke 

I was wondering how many of you have had experience with it and if you have used it as a mix with soil or similiar or even used it as 100% of your medium :scratchin

CoCo rocks - not just for MJ either.

CoCo/perlite with a 1-2" clayball base in your pots is a great beginners hydro setup, hand-watered with coco nutes, very easy.

Plain CoCo is fantastic for Mums, very water absorbant and low-maintenance, can water once a week and not worry about mother plants for months at a time.

CoCo mixed with soil and other amendments is GREAT for natives, I made up a soil/coco/perlite/compost mix for natives and discovered they grow almost as fast as MJ did in this mix.

I've only ever used the pre-bagged uncompressed "Canna CoCo' brand, however the stuff at bunnings seems much cheaper, so may be better value (I've been told Canna adds hormones and stuff to their coir).

Take a look through some of my previous diaries and posts for more info, I've used CoCo extensively, and obviously I love the stuff! ;)

Been using Coco Chior for years now - cant go past it. :thumbsup :thumbsup

SCA ...I was wondering how many of you have had experience with it and if you have used it as a mix with soil or similiar or even used it as 100% of your medium

drop that dirty word "SOIL" - don't mix 'soil ' with Coco. Coco (Canna) is steralized being free from virus & diseases. It's pre buffered, and best of aall contains a spe3cial fungus Trichederma) - shit hot for root growth.

When using Coco it is best top use the specially developed nutes. I use Coco A & B for veg and switch to COGr = Flores during flower.

CANNA COGr

COGr - Flores

Nutrient solution and medium for growing in unbuffered coco substrate, including all products required for growing in the COGr medium. This medium is environmentally friendly and is suitable to be used several times. Different fertilisers have been developed to meet the specific needs of the various phases of the growth process.

Lable Info is :

Doseage - by graph EC of 2.0 corresponds to 6ml per lt of water. I kknow that some people report this is slightly over doing it and may need less but I hace an EC meter (Truncheon) & PH meter to aid me

Nut info :

N(NH4) .......... 0,0%

N(NO3) .......... 3,4%

P205 ......... 2,7%

K20 .......... 5,9%

CaO ......... 3,5%

MgO ........... 1,5%

SO3 ........... 3,0%

B ........... 0,007%

Cu ........... 0,001%

Fe ........... 0,028%

Mn ........... 0,014%

Mo ........... 0,002%

Zn ........... 0,007%

Si ........... 0,35%

Fluvic acid ..... 0,13%

Humic acid ..... 0,13%

Lots of benifits in using COGr over the Coco Flores A & B. :smoke

hand water is fine. Just add nutes

Thanx Jifto, I thought that, the DVD was very informative but always pays to check from an MJ growers perspective ;) Do I use watered down nutes eg. 1/3 or 1/2 strength, since I'm hand watering?

The girl at the hydro shop said from her experience canna coco is very forgiving, if you over water or under water it seems to survive well.

Edited by Sir Crop Alot