small white spots

the dont look like spider mite (you would be able to see the little buggers under the leaves if it was). and there not white fly (as you can shake the leaves and the white fly's fly aroung. i dont think its the fungus knats - becauase i had fungus knats last crop and the damage was alot worse than that! they leaves were dying off and drying up starting from the bottom up.

i actually get some sporadic spots like that on a few leaves to in no particular order and have always wondered what the hell it is! i think i know what you mean becuase they dont look that bad - just little white dots here and there on an otherwise healthy looking plant and leaves.

i always thought it was ph fluctuation or some minor nute thing. and if it doenst keep spreading and get worse dont worry.

but definitely treat those fungus knats if you have them! i had them last crop and i used mortein house and garden on the adults (spray them directly and keep doing it every day till there gone). its available from bunnings and is only $3.

im not quite sure what you would do to treat the larvae in your soil - i use microbial in my grodan (ie rockwool) medium. 5ml per litre flush every 3 days for 14 days. (note knat has 14 day life cycle) with 2ml per litre in nute solution. it works a treat - but not cheap.

yeah i'm no longer too worried about the white spots on the leaves, but the leaves are yellowing and dying, from the bottom, which is probably down to the gnat larvae

mid last week i sprayed thoroughly with mavrik, and to hit the larvae in the soil i poured 1 litre of the diluted mavrik solution over all the soil in the pot. i'm hoping a couple more such treatments this week and next should do the trick

not sure if u can use mavrik in the soil. it is effectivce for the adults flying around though.

yes the yellowing leaves would be as a result of the knats. u could also have pythium too - as this is what the fungus knat larve feed on

there is a product called 'Azadrench" which is available from hydro stores for $15. it will work.

also check that your not overwatering the medium and make sure you clean up any dead plant matter (leaves) etc around the medium

sap suckers causing that , look at leaf from bottom under light where the spots are and i sure you will find that there may be small holes evidence of spidermite and or scarid fly ( fungas nats) i do not think a drench will help unless the flys have hatched in this case you will see hundreds of flying bugs around the top of pot,. start with a spidermite treatment as does not need to be an infestation to start marking thise leaves.