• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

small white spots

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

sausage

sausage

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
hi

i've just noticed lots of tiny white dots on a lot of my plants' leaves

Attached File  DSC01294s.jpeg   92.21K   77 downloads

i'm a first-time grower, and i'm growing them outdoors in pots in sydney

any idea what it could be?

cheers
sausage

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

(Guest) jjfto

(Guest) jjfto
  • Guests
they are eggs. keep watching them, see what they turn into ;)

sausage

sausage

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:
um, i'd rather get rid of them before they turn into anything nasty. can i?

everest

everest

Drug War Veteran

• 420 Crew
  • 6854 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
a weak mix of white oil and yates success will sort it out for you , but i'm with jifto get to know thy enemy :;):

ev :smoke
skin another joint up ....an "don't expect what you don't inspect" spidershites .mumble mumble ...

sausage

sausage

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:
ok i'll try not to panic. i'll read up on spidermites - i assume they're the most likely culprit?

Tom

Tom

"addicted to growing"

• Members
  • 6183 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal

ok i'll try not to panic. i'll read up on spidermites - i assume they're the most likely culprit?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, have a look at the underside of the leaf with a magnifying glass and see if you have any little round eggs there, if you have then it's spider mites for sure. You can either spend 2 - 3 weeks spraying with poisons and hope you get them all or you can spend around $40 on predator mites and let them do all the work for you, having used both methods I would go with the predators, I got mine from the Beneficial Bug Company.

;)

WantDaChronic

WantDaChronic

Ghetto Grower

• 420 Crew
  • 7365 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

• Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Lighting: 2x 600w HPS in flower, 2x 400w HPS in vege
spider mites for sure :thumbdown you'd wanna clip off every infested leaf and then hit them with either a product like "Maverik" which is made by yates and costs like $15 OR get some predator mites to eat them up...now i havent used the predator mites before, but i have heard great things because they are non toxic + once all the spider mites are dead, they starve and die off leaving you with a healthy bug free plant :thumbsup Maverik on the other hand is a potent bug killer and will require 2-3 weeks of use + it shouldnt be used on flowering plants so do what ever you can as soon as you can before those spider mites get the upper hand :thumbdown
My Current Grow Skunk #1
Cannabis Nutrient Problems with Advice and Pics If your plant is sick, click that link...

sausage

sausage

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:
if i get hold of some predator mites, can i get away with not removing the affected leaves? i'm planning on only growing small plants - in fact i was about to encourage them to flower when i noticed this problem - so i'd rather lose as little vegetation as possible

will the predators eat the eggs or should i wait for the eggs to hatch before doing anything? how quickly do newborn spidermites bugger up the plant?

thanks for everyone's help

thc24

thc24

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 Posts:
you got bugs, and they are sucking your baby dry, fix this asap

sausage

sausage

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:
i've ordered some predator mites

but then this morning i noticed there's lots of tiny white bugs running around in the soil beneath the plants. i couldn't see any on the plants themselves. any idea what these would be?

also my lower leaves are yellowing. this is probably nitrogen deficiency so i'm now watering with fish tank water which should have plenty of nitrates in it

growing marijuana is very educational, everyone should do it

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.